Swingarm chain slider wearplate (For Grey)

4 replies to this topic
  • 426 NOOB

Posted April 13, 2009 - 09:25 PM

So I would like to do something about how fast my stock plate wears through as well as the grooves in the swingarm that you made the plate for. I would like to put a tm designworks one on it like you said was on your sons, mostly because I already need a new one, it will last longer, and because I am lazy and dont want to fab a plate up. Question 1: How does the tm slider keep from wearing the swingarm like the stocker does?

• grayracer513

Posted April 14, 2009 - 07:13 AM

The TM attempts to avoid this by first lining the back of the slider with foam, and then it bolts down firmly in a single location, rather than being allowed to shuffle back and forth a small amount as the stocker does. This appears to work OK, but the TM is quite a bit noisier, even with the foam liner, and way more expensive than the OEM slider, so I use the original.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted May 05, 2009 - 09:29 PM

alright so I just got it and it comes with two extra rubber pads to replace the ones that are already on there if they wear out (although you can buy more strips as replacements later on too). My question is: would it be a smart idea to run a second strip of rubber on the underside of the slider that contacts the top of swingarm? There is already one by where the back bolt mounts up, but do you think it would be worth it to put another a few inches more toward the front as well that way the entire top of swingarm is protected from abrasion and also to help with the slap a bit more? Or am I being too anal here and should just run the one that is already on there?

• grayracer513

Posted May 06, 2009 - 06:08 AM

The DW slider has been reconfigured a time or two since I last looked at one. If you are using their slider, I would just assemble it per the included instructions.

• 426 NOOB

Posted May 06, 2009 - 01:52 PM

The DW slider has been reconfigured a time or two since I last looked at one. If you are using their slider, I would just assemble it per the included instructions.

ok thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.