clutch or transmisssion problems?

2 replies to this topic
  • chaseboka

Posted April 13, 2009 - 05:36 PM

I was ridin my 05 wr450 around in the mud. i stopped and my bike smelled really hot but i didnt think anything of it, so we sat there for a bit and i started it up and tryed to go but it wouldnt move. would that be my clutch or transmission? thanks :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaddogYZ

Posted April 13, 2009 - 05:54 PM

If the motor revs but won't go anywhere then its the clutch, if the motor won't rev then you got something locked up. Sounds like you burnt the clutch up considering you smelled something.

• face_plant

Posted April 14, 2009 - 07:39 AM

you sure your tire wasnt in the mud still? :p
maddog is correct if it rund and dont move its the clutch. or the little ball popped out

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.