Rotor lapped and torqued still shears key

44 replies to this topic
  • endurodog

Posted March 03, 2003 - 06:51 PM

Good so you can now see that it hasn't been a "dramatic change", it's going along like it has.

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 04, 2003 - 01:45 AM

Do we know if all failures are related to using the electric start, backfiring or race condition riding?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_Patterson

Posted March 04, 2003 - 07:20 AM

I think all the data on bike build number is good information and will help in determining who is at risk. On the other hand I feel it is engine numbers that should be looked at now since it was during the engine build that something went wrong.

• ThumperWR450F

Posted March 04, 2003 - 12:29 PM

my key sheared after it backfired when i was kick starting it. first i tried the e-start it was engaging but it was cold so i knew it wasn't gonna start. so i stopped and kicked it a few times after the third kick it backfired. i tried the e-start again and it just spun bye bye mr.woodruff key.didn't even hit 15 miles on the bike before the key went.

• TEAMBMF

Posted March 04, 2003 - 05:11 PM

as for the raptors . If one person replaces five starter clutches it is probably not the machine but the user . There are thousands of these machines out there , few have had the problem . One more deciding factors is two words "quad owner"

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.