2 replies to this topic
  • xrshane

Posted March 01, 2003 - 08:31 AM

Hey guys i am new to this forum and have been out of riding a few years. I just bought a Xr650L and was wondering what would be the best exhaust to put on it. When i mean best i mean compromise between noise and performance. The bike will be used exclusively on the street as a wheelie machine and a future super motard. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Terrain Rider 4z

Posted March 01, 2003 - 10:43 AM

White Bros. Hot Tip is only 50 bones and boosts performance with very mild noise increase (only 2 dB over stock). The stock unit is very heavy though and if you want to lighten the load check out the WB E-Series with a quiet core.

• jstevens

Posted March 04, 2003 - 10:48 AM

Forget about the HOT-TIP. I tried to order it twice from MXSOUTH and my local Motorcycle dealer. After being told they were on back order and waiting for 3 weeks the fisrt time. I tried my local dealer where I waited for 2 months only to be told that they don't make it any more. There are so many aftermarket pipes that can be installed. I think it comes down to two options. 1) Do you want to be loud on the street so cars / people are aware of you, possibly for saftey reasons. Answer) You might check out the White brothers pips, FMF, Pro Circuit, IDS, or Big Gun.
2) Do you ride in some areas where you have to have a low profile and don't want to be a problem for anyone. Answer) check out any of the bike that may have a moduler end cap so that you may buy the Quiet core insert etc.

As for myself I bought the FMF PowerCoreIV as sound isn't a factor in it. Don't forget to rejet!

Good Luck.

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.