any chance of retrofitting '03 e-start to '99?

4 replies to this topic
  • Chaindrive

Posted August 22, 2002 - 03:33 PM

I'm sure this has probably been asked, but I've been computer-less for a while and my search parameters have yielded 0 results.

My '99 is more than enough bike for me, but I dream of e-start...is a retrofit a possibility worth holding out for? :)

• MotoGreg

Posted August 22, 2002 - 03:38 PM

I doubt it. The engine is mostly all new. There must have been a huge market for an electric starter kit for '98 and newer YZF's and WRF's but I've never seen one which leads me to believe it isn't possible or that it would cost so much that you'd be better off buying a KTMexc.

Click here for news about putting '03 WR electric starting on '03 YZF.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted August 23, 2002 - 05:39 AM

The only option is the FRENCH electric start for the WR. It's too bulky for my taste.

Bonzai :)

• mwbailey

Posted August 27, 2002 - 06:22 PM

i read the french starter added 18 pounds to the bike, and i agree with you kaze, it looks too bulky

• mwbailey

Posted August 27, 2002 - 06:22 PM

i read the french starter added 18 pounds to the bike, and i agree with you kaze, it looks too bulky

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.