Coolest dash panel ever?

6 replies to this topic
  • RunAnywhere

Posted March 01, 2003 - 04:30 AM

I read the LED brake light post, and thought I'd better share my LED panel. I never liked the stock cluster, so I wasn't too disappointed when I cracked the mounting bolt off.

The computer is just the standard Endurance with the billet gaurd, but I needed--wanted--some place to mount my indicator lights. I took an 1/8 inch piece of alum. and cut it out on the scroll saw, drilled it and polished it. The panel actually goes under the gaurd, so the monting is very solid. The LED lights are from the auto store. It's the high, neutral and left and right signal. I had to do left and right because the LEDs are polarity sensitive and the polarity switches on the same wires for left and right signal from the factory.

They are plenty bright and have half a dozen hard rides behind them with no probs other than the light sliding out of the metal sleeve. A little silicone has held them in just fine.

Not bad for 35 bucks. I like eye candy.

• Dutch

Posted March 01, 2003 - 01:23 PM

You get my vote - very clean

• needsprayer

Posted March 01, 2003 - 03:34 PM

Great work, mucho bragging rights. Nobody else will have it and it is very cool. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AzMtnThumper

Posted March 01, 2003 - 08:20 PM

Way Cool, nicely done. :)

• RunAnywhere

Posted March 04, 2003 - 01:10 PM

Had a moment of weakness and wanted to show off some of my handywork.

• Moredesert

Posted March 04, 2003 - 01:21 PM

Thats sweet! :) I'm installing a dual sport kit on my 650 and I was thinking of doing something like that. Thanks for the idea and the pictures. :D

• XR954

Posted March 04, 2003 - 06:50 PM

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.