HELP CROOK CARBY

2 replies to this topic
  • cruiza6

Posted March 01, 2003 - 04:27 AM

I HAVE A WR 400F INBETWEEN 0 & 1/4 THROTTLE I HAVE MAJOR PROBLEMS DIALLING ON THE POWER AS IT JUST DIES & THEN IS VERY HARD TO RESTART.PULLED DOWN CARBY FOUND BLOCKED PILOT AIR JET COULD THIS BE THE ONLY PROBLEM OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted March 01, 2003 - 05:06 AM

One of the things that happens when us new guys pull the carbs apart, I know cause I did it, is put the slide back together wrong. The flat piece on the front side can be put in upside down. It looks like it goes that way and it will cause it to run like crap. See if that is the problem. If you have that installed correctly then you may have another clogged passage in the carb and it may require more cleaning but check the slide first.

Just so you know, if you type in all caps on the internet it means your yelling so you may want to type in lower case.

• ThumperWR450F

Posted March 01, 2003 - 05:27 AM

a clogged jet will be a problem.in reply to the all caps thing does it matter? maybe he is just talkin loud to get his point across !! don't feel bad they castrated me for doing it too like i'm a newbie and didn't know what all caps meant. so to shush them i am using all lower case now. i wish i could make the font size smaller so than that would mean i was whispering !! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.