Riding in Dallas

8 replies to this topic
  • racemile

Posted August 22, 2002 - 10:17 AM

Hey Guys,

Looks like I might be in the Dallas area for Christmas. I was thinking about dragging the bikes down.

What I need to know is:

Are there any actual trails or parks to ride in the area?

What kind of jetting do I need to setup for the area?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Race

• TexXR2YZF

Posted August 22, 2002 - 11:47 AM

Red River riding park....also know locally as Muenster.

Here are directions:

http://www.rrdr.org/parkinfo.htm

$8 per day. Varied terrain. Approximately 1.5 hours from Dallas. If you really like technical trails and woods it's the place to go. Our club holds enduros on the property.

• TexXR2YZF

Posted August 22, 2002 - 11:50 AM

Oops, sorry, I forgot.

winter Jetting on my '01 YZ426

45 pilot
Clip 4th from top
165 main

• racemile

Posted August 22, 2002 - 12:32 PM

Texx,

That looks great!!! My mother in law may see a lot more of us now!!

Thanks!!

Jason

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TexXR2YZF

Posted August 22, 2002 - 12:39 PM

Drop us a line if you go. If I'm not riding an enduro somewhere I'm usually there on Sunday mornings....that is, when the daytime temps are less than 90. It's not real fun riding there during the typical Texas summer. There not much air moving in the woods. I had to go to a KX500 radiator cap to keep the puke factor down on my bike.

Riding there is an absolute blast during the cooler months.

• RIDEPATE

Posted August 22, 2002 - 02:29 PM

I second what texX said, we ride there during the week, it would be worth hauling the bikes for, just one thing........pick up your trash when you leave!!!(the owners have threatened to shut it down due to the un-responsable ya-hoos leaving **** everywhere)

• Harley_Guthery

Posted August 23, 2002 - 04:00 AM

Racemile, If you get the chance go to Muenster. It seems kind of small to me but it offers alot. Rocks, river, creek, sand, trees, hills, and pretty much anything else you could imagine.

[ August 23, 2002, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: Harley Guthery ]

• racemile

Posted August 23, 2002 - 05:21 AM

Ridepate,

Why the heck would anyone rick losing a riding area over something as trivial and easy to cure as "pack out your own trash"?

Race

• TexXR2YZF

Posted August 23, 2002 - 07:42 AM

We're holding an enduro there the first weekend in October. There will be two clearly marked loops after the enduro of approximately 20 miles each. Some of the A/B loop will not be open to the public after the enduro. The neat thing about riding the enduros at Muenster is you get to ride property and trails that aren't normally open to the public....meaning some really great trails that have not been "four-wheelerized".

The best time to ride there is directly after an enduro because there is no question as to which direction someone should be riding on the trail.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.