Trade 03 Yz450f For 05 Rmz450

7 replies to this topic
  • GANNAWAY88

Posted April 12, 2009 - 04:51 PM

Hey guys i have a 03 yz450f with many goodies on it, I have a guy that has a 05 rmz450 that he said is hard to start and when he gets it started it will only run with the choke on. He said that all it needs is a new carb. He wants to trade striaght up. Should I?

• m1a3t0t

Posted April 12, 2009 - 04:58 PM

unless he has somehow damaged the carb, it doesn't need a new carb. chances are it just needs cleaned if it has been sitting for a while. however, if it has been run alot and is hard to start, then you'll probably need to freshen up the top end.

• grayracer513

Posted April 12, 2009 - 06:11 PM

As I recall, the first year '05 RMZ had some reliability problems. If it was me, I wouldn't trade.

• yz480doinwork

Posted April 13, 2009 - 10:08 AM

heres what you should do. trade in 03 yz450 for 06 or newer YZ450. then you would have a bike thats way better than a RMz and maybe some of your goodies would fit on it. i cant see trading a running bike for a none running bike. even if its a year newer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TIG88

Posted April 13, 2009 - 12:03 PM

Unless I knew that the engine was mechanically sound and treated well, I wouldnt do it.

• jjj109

Posted April 13, 2009 - 12:52 PM

2005 rmz450 had problems with the cranks and the plating on the cylinder. My cousin is the head tech were they sell all brands except KTM. He said he did a lot of repairs on that year rmz450.:p I would stick with good old true blue:thumbsup:

• brAapingyz450s

Posted April 25, 2009 - 09:18 PM

why would this guy trade a newer bike for a older bike hes just tryna pork you guy and give you a bike that has str8 up issues who knows whats wrong with that but once u trade its all done your stuck with that bike id stick with the yamaha suzuki had 1 good production there 400 atv eeverything else BLAAAH go honda yamaha or kawi rest is JUnk! :banghead:

• hillclimbguy

Posted April 25, 2009 - 10:36 PM

I think you will make a step backwards if you do this trade. Stay with your Yamaha.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.