Thanks

7 replies to this topic
  • Bytor

Posted February 28, 2003 - 07:55 PM

Wow, I just found my way here. This is by far the best bulletin board for 4 stroke enthusiasts that I have found. Lots of useful information here. :)
Keep up the good work folks. I will be back often :D

• yamaha.dude

Posted February 28, 2003 - 10:47 PM

Welcome, and enjoy...

David

• Chaindrive

Posted March 01, 2003 - 01:46 AM

...and the Snow dog? (Rush fan?) :D

Just saying "howdy"! So what kind of bike trips yer trigger? If it "thumps" instead of "k'nings", you found the right place! :)

• Bytor

Posted March 01, 2003 - 05:36 AM

yep I am a rush fan.
I have a 99 WR 400 with a baja designs kit. IMS seat and tank, and trying to talk the wife into letting me have more goodies. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted March 01, 2003 - 06:34 AM

Snow Dog :D I was just thinking the exact same thing. Back in the 70's and 80's I used to consider myself the biggest Rush fan on Earth. Now I just about can't listen to them anymore. Kind of like the original Star Trek episodes. Can't watch them anymore either. Must be old age. :)

• Chaindrive

Posted March 01, 2003 - 07:09 AM

It is Geddy Lee's shrill voice, Rich... after a few years of marriage and children, the natural male defense system compells you to seek shelter from such high octaves. :D

We begin to require the deep, soothing tones of a well-tuned thumper exhaust as well as the rapid escape it signifies. :)

Bytor, I admire your outstanding taste: My '99 also sports a B.D. kit with a Clarke tank and YZ seat and the goodies are just as dependent. Old Rush (pre-Signals) in privacy and at the proper max-volume can still stir memories of long-dead hair follicles. :D

• SMD

Posted March 01, 2003 - 07:15 AM

Welcome Bytor :) This is great place enjoy.

• '00_in_Calgary

Posted March 01, 2003 - 10:16 AM

Hey there...

Welcome to Thumpertalk.. It's amazing the info and friendship this place can provide. :)

But.. speaking of RUSH.. (you knew it was going to digress to this) Have you heard their latest stuff? Vapor Trails is a fantastic album. A few albums back, Geddy learned to sing rather than scream. After a 2 year break, Neil's drumming has gotten better than before. Alex.. well, he's still one of the best guitarists out there.. Like most of us.. they HAVE matured and relaxed a bit in their delivery. After being a little unimpressed with their last few albums, I highly recommend it. However it does take a few trips through the CD player to really appreciate it. I used a few songs as background music to a road-riding video I made.
http://www.hiway31a.shorturl.com

Have you read Ghostrider? It's a book by Neil Peart about his travels across N.America looking for solutions to his personal grief. You'll find it an engrossing read.
http://www.ecwpress..../ghostrider.htm
The book is like a companion piece for the RUSH CD. Since Neil writes the lyrics, pretty well every tune off the CD related to an experience he had on his healing road.

so..there I go.. dirtbikes and music... :D it's a great combo.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.