Flame out of exhaust

3 replies to this topic
  • SHU80

Posted April 12, 2009 - 11:38 AM

I just bought my first 4 stroke morocross bike, a 2006 YZ450F. I did not notice it when I test rode it but after getting it home I noticed that when I blip the throttle, sometimes it pops a little and a little flame shoots out the exhaust. Is that normal or do I need to adjust something in the carb? I was told it is all stock so I believe the pilot and main are stock. The bike probably only has 5 hours on it. I am about 500ft elevation and temps in the 50s.

Thanks in advance for whatever advice you can offer.

• mx mini rider

Posted April 12, 2009 - 11:53 AM

its probably just backfiring, pretty normal on 4-strokes. You might want to get a spark arrestor if youll be doing trails and stuff like that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 12, 2009 - 12:13 PM

sometimes it pops a little and a little flame shoots out the exhaust.

• SHU80

Posted April 12, 2009 - 07:47 PM

thanks. that puts my mind at ease. If the popping get to bad then I will check out jetting changes as suggested elswhere on the forum.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.