My New Wr 450 Is Flat

6 replies to this topic
  • TIMSCOTT

Posted April 12, 2009 - 10:20 AM

I Have Just Got A New 2008 Wr 450 And Find It Underpowerd With A Massive Flat Spot.
The Bike Is Standard.
Can Anyone Tell Me What Needs Doing To The Bike So It Will Run At Its Best.
I Am From England So The Weather Can Be Cold And Damp Will This Affect The Running Of The Bike.

I Could Do With A List Of Mods And Setings That I Can Give To My Dealer So They Can Get It Sorted.

Thanks For Your Help

Tim

• dirtrider999

Posted April 12, 2009 - 10:41 AM

search the free mods!!!

• ch_250

Posted April 12, 2009 - 10:54 AM

The wr is all choked up. so much crap in the exhaust that it can't breath. I would think opening it up would help heaps. then you'll have to re-jet. That plus the free mods should make a big difference.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 12, 2009 - 11:45 AM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=440631

1. uncork intake and exhaust
2. re-jet, including leak jet
3. adjust a-pump linkage
4. grey wire mod
5. go to doctor to have permanent smile removal surgery

• wartsnuff

Posted April 12, 2009 - 06:29 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=440631

1. uncork intake and exhaust
2. re-jet, including leak jet
3. adjust a-pump linkage
4. grey wire mod
5. go to doctor to have permanent smile removal surgery

yuppers for sure... i thought the same thing when i got my 08 home... then i did the throttle stop mod and took the restrictor out of the exhaust. and i have been smiling ever since.

just put in a JD jetting kit to make it start/run even better

cheers
Warts

• TIMSCOTT

Posted April 12, 2009 - 10:30 PM

Thanks For The Reply

• wartsnuff

Posted April 13, 2009 - 08:32 AM

Thanks For The Reply

Let us know what you think of your WR once you have done the throttle stop and restrictor :p

cheers
Warts

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.