Trials seat

10 replies to this topic
  • Pro_Marinero

Posted April 11, 2009 - 06:54 AM

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm not a big fan of them either and I know all the reasons. However, I want to start using my GG more this summer for long rides with my friends that I would normally take my Husaberg on. I saw this on ebay and it fits more in the right spot for riding than the "valley" seats, plus it's removable and you can stash it in your pack or flip it to the rear fender until you want it. I thought it might be cool, but it's pretty steep costwise. Anyone tried one out?

• pitbulldoug

Posted April 11, 2009 - 08:01 AM

Hey I like mine for longer trailrides when I'm not on my 450 exc,I only use the seat when I'm stopped to kick it,rest.and very,very rarely on the fly for a few seconds to rest my legs quickly.Hey I'm 49 I'm not in competition,just having fun and I really like the comfort level when I'm sitting on my bike resting,It does not get in the way really as I'm not a expert rider.Increases my fun factor.:p
Posted Image
Posted Image

• bikedude127

Posted April 13, 2009 - 01:15 PM

What kind of range could I expect on a stock rig?

Im going to look at a 2001 Sherco 290 tonight... The price is right, needs a little care but I think I might pick this one up..

• redrider7202

Posted April 13, 2009 - 02:10 PM

it's got a gallon tank but they are pretty good on gas... i think 2-ply has done a really long ride or two on roughly two tanks.

• Tom2smoker

Posted April 13, 2009 - 02:21 PM

With stock tank I can get about 25 to 30 miles

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bikedude127

Posted April 13, 2009 - 02:44 PM

Holy crap.. 30 miles of trials would whoop a man's ass.. :cry:

The reason I asked, the other day I popped my trials cherry on an 01 GG280.. I ran it dry just putting around the guys house, doing a couple hill climbs and hoppin it over his wife's flower bed.. :p I think I was on it for about 45 minutes :lol:

Good times :lol:

• Pro_Marinero

Posted April 13, 2009 - 03:17 PM

You've got some great riding up by you in Wenatchee. I was talking to 2ply last weekend about riding Duncan Hill, plus you can hit the Teanaway or go farther up towards Salmon La Sac. I'm planning on doing a lot of those this summer. Get yourself a couple of MSR fuel bottles for your backpack. See you out there.

• bikedude127

Posted April 13, 2009 - 03:25 PM

You've got some great riding up by you in Wenatchee. I was talking to 2ply last weekend about riding Duncan Hill, plus you can hit the Teanaway or go farther up towards Salmon La Sac. I'm planning on doing a lot of those this summer. Get yourself a couple of MSR fuel bottles for your backpack. See you out there.

Excellent.. Sounds like fun!! Ive got some back yard stuff (Sand Creek) that is very old, user maintained, unmapped trail.. True billy goat stuff... We dont take our big bikes on them.. Way too much work, but probably just right for the trials scooter... :p

• 2PLY

Posted April 13, 2009 - 05:57 PM

it's got a gallon tank but they are pretty good on gas... i think 2-ply has done a really long ride or two on roughly two tanks.

Before this becomes a rumor.. the numbers are:

On my 2002 280 Pro Gas Gas, riding in mostly 5th and 6th gears with 2 friends on KTM 525s, we covered 51 miles and I used 4 liters total. That is the same as a full tank plus one Aluminum Fuel bottle. I just cruised along behind them to avoid the dust and was never more than 1 minute behind at the rest stops. Not as much fun for me but better than any day at work!! :lol:

I was worried about running out of gas so I took 5 Fuel bottles with me and finished with a full tank plus one full bottle. I had enough gas to make the trip twice.... but all of us were beat!!! It was a semi-rough trail for them and a very easy trail for me but that was evened out with my light weight suspension and NO Seat! :p

• 2PLY

Posted April 13, 2009 - 06:05 PM

That's pretty close to what I get.. My Gas Gas tank holds 3 liters. In pure Trials practice and play, I get about 5 miles per liter. On easy single track, I can get up to 12 miles per liter. I always carry 2 MSR Fuel bottles in my Pack if I'm going more than 15 miles up and back. I just fill my tank at each rest stop to lighten the pack and to monitor my fuel consumption.

The bike handles much better if you don't strap extra weight to the frame. And the higher the extra weight, the more you feel it. In your pack, it's almost not even noticeable.

• 2PLY

Posted April 13, 2009 - 06:10 PM

.............Ive got some back yard stuff (Sand Creek) that is very old, user maintained, unmapped trail.. True billy goat stuff... We dont take our big bikes on them.. Way too much work, but probably just right for the trials scooter... :lol:

I'm all ears! :p

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.