Skid Plate - '06 YZ450

12 replies to this topic
  • WaySlowWhitey

Posted April 10, 2009 - 01:04 PM

I just got rid of my CRF and am picking up an '06 450. I'm looking for something that covers both the water and oil pump as opposed to a glide plate. Anyone have any recommendations?

• husqy360

Posted April 10, 2009 - 01:41 PM

scorpion racing Hd Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted April 10, 2009 - 02:05 PM

The Devol is pretty cost effective, and seems to work. Similar to the Scorpion, although the Scorpion looks to wrap farther over the sides.

• angrybob

Posted April 10, 2009 - 04:55 PM

The Devol is pretty cost effective, and seems to work. Similar to the Scorpion, although the Scorpion looks to wrap farther over the sides.

:p

I also have the Devol skid plate on my '06 and it has had a tough life these last 14 months. No complaints.

• nickeenoo

Posted April 10, 2009 - 08:46 PM

Utah Sport Cycle/Ricochet

http://www.utahsport...re/page191.html

Very solid. It seems to be a little thicker than the other brands my buddies have although I have not measured the thickness.

• Jim813

Posted April 10, 2009 - 10:33 PM

I also use the Devol. It's held up fairly well to tough abuse and fits very well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skidooboy

Posted April 12, 2009 - 03:52 AM

where do you get the scorpion plate from? cost? ski

• husqy360

Posted April 12, 2009 - 06:02 AM

where do you get the scorpion plate from? cost? ski

http://www.gnarlypar...oducts_id=67380

• SparksXR426

Posted April 12, 2009 - 07:06 PM

Ive used the Devol stuff on my Hondas and currently have their rad guards on my 08 YZ, OK stuff for the price. I have GYTRs skidplate on my YZ right now and it gives good protection, but that Scorpion piece looks far tougher and has way more wrap up the sides. Like the way it uses the upper motor mounts too although I doubt its necassary. Overall that Scorpian looks like a nice piece for the price. Whats that drip on the rad guard? Coolant?

• mitchicle

Posted April 12, 2009 - 07:51 PM

I have the ricochet for my 03. I got mine from thumpertalk. :p

• husqy360

Posted April 12, 2009 - 08:19 PM

Ive used the Devol stuff on my Hondas and currently have their rad guards on my 08 YZ, OK stuff for the price. I have GYTRs skidplate on my YZ right now and it gives good protection, but that Scorpion piece looks far tougher and has way more wrap up the sides. Like the way it uses the upper motor mounts too although I doubt its necassary. Overall that Scorpian looks like a nice piece for the price. Whats that drip on the rad guard? Coolant?

brake fluid.

the thing i like the most about the scorpion is the silent!!

no noise what so ever, and i didnt even put the velcro stips it came with. :p

• Decreasing Dave

Posted April 12, 2009 - 10:55 PM

I've got the Devol on my '06 and am very happy with it.

Aside from off-road, I also use this bike for MX, Sand Dunes, and Supermoto and the Devol skid plate doesn't look/seem out of place at any of those outings.

Dave

• ThumperKid250F

Posted April 13, 2009 - 03:12 AM

http://www.gnarlypar...oducts_id=67380

yup i got the same skid plate and let me tell you its thebest skid plate i ever bought.. it covers everything soo good and it looks clean too..

the only thing is if you have a aftermarket header like me ( dr.d then your going to have the trime the skidplate about a 1/4 of a inch or else it hits the bike.. no big deal at all..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.