Broken magneto cover and bent bolt!!!

No replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted August 21, 2002 - 02:10 PM

I was washing my baby today and noticed some oil residue around the furthest back bolt, on the bottom, near the countershaft spocket. Upon further investigation, I found that something hit the bolt head hard enough to bend it back about 3/8' and caused the magneto cover to break.

I hope there is no thread damage to the center case. But this will be a good excuse to buy a carbon fiber magneto cover.

I don't know how this could have happened???? It would be hard for a rock to fly up there with enough force to bend the bolt, while my feet were on the pegs. So I'm going with the story of:

I was railing a berm and had the bike totally laid over and I must have drug it over a rock in the ground :) :D :D

Does anyone have a used mag cover? Or do I have to buy a DSP carbon fiber cover?

[ August 21, 2002, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Bill ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.