Scott's Stabilizer Settings

3 replies to this topic
  • HaremScarem

Posted August 21, 2002 - 10:19 AM

I know this question would reflect rider preference, but what settings are you guys using and for what type of terrain and speed?
Also, has anyone adjusted the high speed setting from factory default.

• Dodger

Posted August 21, 2002 - 11:50 AM

Stock setting on high speed. I may click up the low speed a couple if things get really hairy, but normally leave it stock too.

Dodger :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dougie

Posted August 21, 2002 - 12:30 PM

High Speed I have left stock. But I mess with the low speed setting constantly. I like to really loosen it up in super tight trails and nothing but rocks trails, sometimes up to two full turns out. On the more open trails with the occasional rocks and roots, I will put it about 6 clicks out.

• Hick

Posted August 21, 2002 - 01:44 PM

I'm about four clicks out, maybe five. Full on is 12 o'clock and I'm at like 7:30. I too left the high speed alone.

This changed a click or two when I finally got around to servicing it.

I also increased the stock sweep, but to be honest I can't remember if I left it there or not.

Don't pay any attention to me, I once rode the better part of an off road race, including a pit stop, with a totally flat front tire. And didn't notice. Just thought I was riding like **** , damn thing kept washing out...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.