Where should my Rear Axle be? MX YZ426

5 replies to this topic
  • CyclePro238

Posted April 08, 2009 - 08:00 PM

I am wondering where I should have my rear axle on my YZ426. Its just about all the way back but. I was told by sliding it all the way forward it will Turn better in the corrners? But not really sure were I should be putting it.

Thanks, Nick

• grayracer513

Posted April 08, 2009 - 08:43 PM

Running it toward the rear places more weight on the front, which will help it turn better in the case of a YZF.

• FinchFan194

Posted April 08, 2009 - 08:46 PM

I run mine more towards the rear for sure more of a planted front end.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CyclePro238

Posted April 09, 2009 - 04:35 AM

Running it toward the rear places more weight on the front, which will help it turn better in the case of a YZF.

So I take it putting the axle forward will give me more traction with the rear tire?

• grayracer513

Posted April 09, 2009 - 07:03 AM

So I take it putting the axle forward will give me more traction with the rear tire?

Slightly, along with making it more prone to push the front.

• FinchFan194

Posted April 09, 2009 - 11:19 AM

It will also make the bike want to wheely more in ideal traction. . .depends on where your riding I guess.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.