Oil change frequency when dual sporting

3 replies to this topic
  • Math

Posted February 27, 2003 - 02:25 PM

Hi guys,

I would like to ask if it is necessary to change the engine oil each 1000 Km if these Km are done on the pavement or the highway.

I am tempted to think that 2000 Km of highway is not as aggressive or demanding on the engine as 1000 Km of offroading.

What do you think?

Thanks

• dominator426

Posted February 27, 2003 - 07:47 PM

Nah...Stick to the recomended 1000 Kms interval. I also run dual sport in varying conditions; some woods, trails, swamp, dirt roads, streets and highway and my synthetic Amsoil (+Micronic stainless steel reusable filter) is quite dirty by 1000 Kms... Many change their oil even more often, after just a few rides. It only takes 1.5 litres and you don't need to remove the frame filter every time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Math

Posted February 28, 2003 - 04:23 AM

Thanks for your advise. :)

• bigthump44

Posted March 06, 2003 - 08:42 PM

I also have a Canadian '02 WR426 and would like to know if you have any information on free mods. 1.)Does the throttle stop need to be removed to get full throttle. 2.) Is the grey wire the same as U.S. bikes. Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.