What sparkplug you THUMPS running?

8 replies to this topic
  • fourstroker

Posted February 27, 2003 - 02:03 PM

Greetings!

Just wondering what kind/type of sparkplug everyone is running these days. I am a proud owner of a 2001 WR426 and would like to know if I should run stock or is there something better? Thanks in advance.

Mark
(HIGHLAND, ILLINOIS)

• RWCWOH

Posted February 27, 2003 - 05:15 PM

I have been using NGK cr8ek plugs for 4 years. It is a duel electrode racing plug. The cheapest I have found them for is $5.09 at Advance Auto. Their part number is 3478.
Try the plug and tell us what you think! :)

• x2smoker

Posted February 27, 2003 - 05:22 PM

I am still running the plug it came with last July...... :)

• wrenduro450

Posted February 27, 2003 - 07:29 PM

:cool:Hey what up. I been using a cr8eix ngk plug. It's not too new but they work awsome. The bike even has a different tone to it. :D :) They are expensive (8.00) but worth it. Good luck. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted February 27, 2003 - 10:52 PM

I use the Iridium plug, don't ask me to describe the difference it makes, but I do feel it does make a small but positive difference...

David

• captain_S

Posted February 28, 2003 - 12:28 PM

Stick with a ngk#8 in what ever form you like,i have found the #7 gets a bit hot (hot plugs give me the sh*#s)cr8e is i think ok for 01-426.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted February 28, 2003 - 12:43 PM

The standard cr8e is fine, i change mine every 4000 ks reguardless :) :D

• MN_Kevin

Posted February 28, 2003 - 01:24 PM

Splitfire.

I used to run Nippondenso (ND) Hot-U's WHICH I ABSOLUTELY SWEAR BY!!! I started using the Hot-U's years ago. I had a 1977 Yamaha DT250 monoshock which use to stumble at the top (main jet issues). Being a neophyte to carbs and jetting, I put a Hot-U in it and the bike carburated clean w/ a beige color. I have run the Hot-U's in EVERY bike I have owned since 1984.

The Split is more accesible for me, and I have given it a shot. I have yet to foul one out. Plus, at $3.75 it is a bargain.

• michaeltrundle

Posted March 01, 2003 - 04:00 AM

NGK cr8eix iridium plug , havent fouled one yet.
:)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.