2 replies to this topic

Posted August 20, 2002 - 08:34 PM

i just yz timed my bike and i need to know the best jetting set up. what ever set up works best for you guys and the jets is all i want want to know. oh, and does the yz needle help out more than any other needle. i ride a little moto-x and trails. i'm not sure if different jetting helps in different aspects of riding. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted August 21, 2002 - 08:19 AM

Being relatively unfamiliar with AZ geography, I have to ask, what is your elevation?

I've probably said this two or three thousand times here (so what's one more?), but once you get rid of the throttle stop, exhaust plug and airbox lid you basically have a YZ motor.

The different exhaust timing will not affect the jetting nearly as much, if at all (in my experience it is the latter).

Your bike will run better with the YZ needle. As far as specifics go, I agree it is better to see what guys are running in your area, but don't be afraid to copy a guy's jetting just because he has a YZ with an aftermarket exhaust. If it works in his bike, it will be just as effective in yours.

Hope this helps.

• AZ_XR_Maniac

Posted August 21, 2002 - 08:34 AM

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.