Turbo YZ

350 replies to this topic
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted April 14, 2009 - 03:31 AM

Too much. With an oil change, it needs 1 Liter even to reach full. Adding the turbo to the circuit will require a little more, but not 200cc, I wouldn't think.

so your saying that when you change the oil and filter it needs just a little more than a quart of oil??

• grayracer513

Posted April 14, 2009 - 07:16 AM

so your saying that when you change the oil and filter it needs just a little more than a quart of oil??

One liter, exactly, yes.

• Numba68

Posted April 14, 2009 - 09:49 AM

i wish i knew of a dyno around my area. i live in a small town in montana. maybe i could take to to sturgis during bike week and put it on a harley dyno! does anyone know of any powersports dyno's in montana? im hoping for over 80 horse

Penco Yamaha in Kalispell has a dyno I'm pretty sure.

• Raider50

Posted April 14, 2009 - 10:13 AM

I was at the rally last year and i saw atleast 3 dyno's there. And im about an hour and a half away from rapid.

• TIG88

Posted April 14, 2009 - 01:59 PM

i got a bunch of stuff done today. the charge tube is giving me problems. its not a "straight shot" like it looks. its turning out to be a PITA!! but im gettin pretty close to hearing it run anyway

Use some braided metal hose for the charge tube.

Posted Image

What do you think?

They can be made to any length, come in sizes from 1/4" diameter to 16". A 2" ID Hosemaster AF4750 metal hose has a burst pressure of roughly 4000 psi, IIRC.

• yz480doinwork

Posted April 14, 2009 - 07:33 PM

do they make barbed ends for them?

Use some braided metal hose for the charge tube.

Posted Image

What do you think?

They can be made to any length, come in sizes from 1/4" diameter to 16". A 2" ID Hosemaster AF4750 metal hose has a burst pressure of roughly 4000 psi, IIRC.

• yz480doinwork

Posted April 14, 2009 - 07:35 PM

Penco Yamaha in Kalispell has a dyno I'm pretty sure.

sick! my faimly owns a dealership. ill have my dad talk to kalispell. might have to run it up there.

• TIG88

Posted April 16, 2009 - 01:44 PM

do they make barbed ends for them?

Yes they do. What size?

• travisn

Posted April 16, 2009 - 02:25 PM

One liter, exactly, yes.

I thought it was 1.6L or 1.69 Quarts?

• erickdj

Posted April 16, 2009 - 02:36 PM

I thought it was 1.6L or 1.69 Quarts?

No, that was the old 400's/426's and maybe 450's that had an oil tank in the frame. The aluminum frame bikes hold less oil, 1 liter.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mitchicle

Posted April 16, 2009 - 02:53 PM

No Pics?????????????????????:p

• 426 NOOB

Posted April 16, 2009 - 03:25 PM

first page. Or did you mean updated ones?

• mitchicle

Posted April 16, 2009 - 03:38 PM

New ones are definitely needed. I need to get my fix of this awesome build.:p

• yz480doinwork

Posted April 16, 2009 - 06:57 PM

my charge tube is almost done. once its done and i get my turbo back together and my exhaust back on ill take some more pics. or i might if i get board here soon

• yz480doinwork

Posted April 16, 2009 - 06:59 PM

Yes they do. What size?

i got the charge tube under controll. thanks. if it dont work ill get ahold of you. but i dont think that tube would work. the boot of that carb is oil like 3/4 of and inch from the shock.

• live4speed

Posted April 17, 2009 - 07:58 AM

what the hell dude! a turbo'ed 450! you are crazy!!!! i want one....

• TIG88

Posted April 17, 2009 - 01:26 PM

i got the charge tube under controll. thanks. if it dont work ill get ahold of you. but i dont think that tube would work. the boot of that carb is oil like 3/4 of and inch from the shock.

Hell no problem dude. I wish I lived closer, I love to do this sort of stuff. The metal hose has a suprisingly tight bend radius, I believe it would be possible to bend it that tight, ecspecially in a small size like that. If its not possible then a 90 degree barb fitting would take care of it.

And pics are required!

• 2005_xr250l_thumper

Posted April 17, 2009 - 03:43 PM

yeah, definitely need pics . . .

• yz480doinwork

Posted April 18, 2009 - 07:45 PM

i have been gettin so busy i can hardly get on here let alone get pics! the carb boot is 2 and 1/8! im still hunting some silicone hose for it. everything is apart now but once i thow it all together it will be pretty close to starting up and ill get some pics. and i did decide to run a blow off valve. im trying to decide how to mount my battery

• gbalias

Posted April 18, 2009 - 08:13 PM

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/

they should have what you need

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.