Turbo YZ

350 replies to this topic
  • UncleBob

Posted June 20, 2009 - 08:08 PM

hey UncleBob, got a vid of your turbo yz by any chance?

Nope. Do you?

• yz480doinwork

Posted June 21, 2009 - 07:34 AM

i will give unclebob a call. check our his sig.. he has a turbo DRZ not a YZ. but the same principals apply. tyson racing has still not got my carb done. its been like three weeks. he says he will get it done monday and ship it. the wait is killing me!

• dollar-10

Posted June 21, 2009 - 07:45 PM

is it gonna mess with the compression though??

• yz480doinwork

Posted June 22, 2009 - 03:10 PM

is it gonna mess with the compression though??

is what going to mess with the compression? turbocharging or the new needle and seat im having done? the needle and seat has nothing to do with compression, turbocharging, on the other hand does "mess" with the compression

• UncleBob

Posted June 25, 2009 - 07:23 PM

yz480, your box is full. I'm back from vacation, give me a ring when you got a few minutes to spare

• yz480doinwork

Posted June 26, 2009 - 02:52 PM

i thined out my box a bit. unclebob im going to get my carb back and see how it runs then. that way ill have somthing to talk to you about. i SHOULD have my carb by the middle of next week. its only been a month!

• nealy578

Posted August 06, 2009 - 01:01 PM

Any news?

• schmity1234

Posted August 06, 2009 - 05:39 PM

is this thing done yet. it feels like awhile since i have been on this thread. Still cant wait to c some vids.

• yz480doinwork

Posted August 08, 2009 - 07:16 AM

tyson racing had my carb for almost 4 months. calling him everyweek all i got was lies and excuses. about the end of the third month i started calling him every day. 5 or 10 calls a day, that got him going and he finaly got the carb work done. and after more lies and excuses about shipping and lots of phone calls i finaly got a tracking number from him and he hopefully sent my carb on the 5th. so i can thank tyson racing for ruining riding season

• nealy578

Posted August 08, 2009 - 07:42 AM

Thats not good! Hope the rest of the build go's smoothly from now on, you reckon you've got it sussed now with unclebob's help?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davidl9999

Posted August 08, 2009 - 09:02 AM

tyson racing had my carb for almost 4 months. calling him everyweek all i got was lies and excuses. about the end of the third month i started calling him every day. 5 or 10 calls a day, that got him going and he finaly got the carb work done. and after more lies and excuses about shipping and lots of phone calls i finaly got a tracking number from him and he hopefully sent my carb on the 5th. so i can thank tyson racing for ruining riding season

I'm guessing you're not a repeat customer... :thumbsup:

Sorry, it sucks when things like that happen.

• yz480doinwork

Posted August 10, 2009 - 08:01 PM

Thats not good! Hope the rest of the build go's smoothly from now on, you reckon you've got it sussed now with unclebob's help?

i have not called to unclebob yet. i figured i would see if this carb work would do the trick before calling him. i did get the carb today, so we'll see.

P.S. no im definatly not a repet customer, i cant even believe all the BS i had to go thought to get this carb back. let alone the crappy job he did.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted August 11, 2009 - 05:24 AM

alright so is the carb on yet?

• yz480doinwork

Posted August 11, 2009 - 07:03 PM

carb is on. its doing the same thing it did before, studdoring, wont make it past low/mid range.

• rmx250rider

Posted August 12, 2009 - 09:35 PM

Is there anyway you can post the old pictures? and maybe some new one?

• UncleBob

Posted August 12, 2009 - 09:38 PM

carb is on. its doing the same thing it did before, studdoring, wont make it past low/mid range.

offer still stands if you want it....

• yz480doinwork

Posted August 13, 2009 - 06:55 PM

im getting closer. i heard it hit the rev limmter last night. so im getting closer. i got a few more ideas and if that dont work ill give you a call. still got ur number in my phone

• ThumperKid250F

Posted August 29, 2009 - 12:24 PM

anymore news on this thing or did you just give up

• VP705

Posted September 23, 2009 - 01:31 PM

Any updates?

• Dobber1

Posted October 01, 2009 - 06:35 PM

You're kidding right? I just read two hundred seventy nine posts and this is what I find? :busted:

:banana: :banana: :busted:

Maybe UncleBob took out behind the shed...:busted:

....or that 1st ride after he got the bugs worked out (a new spark plug), has him in a body cast...:banana:

Maybe he's just been too busy riding that wild thing to give a chit about his followers & supporters...:busted:

Still LMAO at the service from Tyson on the carb...gotta love customer service from some businesses...:banana:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.