Turbo YZ

350 replies to this topic
  • MuDPoUNdeR

Posted May 06, 2009 - 07:19 PM

I think I would poop my pants when If I snapped the throttle on that bike haha

• yz480doinwork

Posted May 06, 2009 - 07:52 PM

Not sure Bro....I kinda like RIDING my bikes and not working on them all the time.....:excuseme: :smirk: :ride: :cry: :cry:

Posted Image

[COLOR="Blue"]NOS Nitrous equipped....... [/COLOR]

mad props to BC3!

• PremixForever

Posted May 06, 2009 - 08:26 PM

Just thinking here, don't you have to put the carb before the turbo?

and YOUR the deisel man? lol Injectors maybe lol??

• finthat

Posted May 07, 2009 - 02:55 PM

and YOUR the deisel man? lol Injectors maybe lol??

I think on a gas jobber you can have the turbo either way. Each way has its own set of problems as you can see here and I think if it were before you would have more with restriction at low rpm ect.

But I could be wrong.....just like my wife says I am all the time. :excuseme:

• PremixForever

Posted May 07, 2009 - 03:22 PM

I know, It was supposed to be a "thought grenade"

• yz480doinwork

Posted May 07, 2009 - 06:35 PM

got some good info from a YFZ turbo guy today. said he ran 0 fuel pressure at bottom. i dont see how thats possible but i have like 2 1/2 pounds so im going to continue lowering mine. hopefully it'll run

• gbalias

Posted May 07, 2009 - 08:26 PM

whenever youre ready for a wideband, lemme know.

• JamesNad

Posted May 08, 2009 - 07:11 AM

does ur regulator have a boost reference port on it???

• yz480doinwork

Posted May 08, 2009 - 07:58 AM

whenever youre ready for a wideband, lemme know.

buddy i know its rich. i can tell what its doing.

and yes my regulator has a boost port. 1:1 rising rate.

• gbalias

Posted May 08, 2009 - 03:31 PM

i can tell what its doing.

really? then why arent you riding it yet? :smirk:

cmon man......im not trying to give you a hard time...i just dont see why its worth it to do it half way. i dont imagine youre an engine builder with 30+ years experience in building and tuning carbureted FI engines.

if you decide to get the proper tools, i know of a good deal on Innovate products. :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz480doinwork

Posted May 09, 2009 - 07:46 PM

alright i get it. but i can tell its way rich. and i see no reason to continue spending money if its never going to run. i would get a wide-band and it would tell me its way rich. once i get the thing to where it will actually boost up and run somewhat like it should, i might consider a wide band. ill be in touch

• yz480doinwork

Posted May 09, 2009 - 07:49 PM

really? then why arent you riding it yet? :excuseme:

because somethin is in my carb is causing it to be way rich. i dont need a wideband to tell that, a wide band wont fix that. plust gauge space is kinda limmited. i keep ruining fuel pressure gauges. went through two so far. i think the viberation is killing them. gotta find a liquid filled one... then have to build another gauge pod.

• nitronaf

Posted May 10, 2009 - 09:03 PM

dont give up!
here have a read here
http://unclebobsturbos.com/newbie.html
hes the father of the turbo drz :excuseme:

• yz480doinwork

Posted May 12, 2009 - 05:35 PM

never heard of a pitot tube. i think the disturbance of airflow with a pitot tube would hurt more than just having a fitting screwed into the charge tube. but maybe not.

• gixxer7500_0

Posted May 13, 2009 - 01:40 PM

what about fitting a simply carb maybe off a cr500 or some big 2-stroke snowmobile ?

• yz480doinwork

Posted May 13, 2009 - 03:49 PM

that may have to happin. but obviously the YFZ guys are making these carbs work. there is only a slight difference between the YZ and the YFZ carb. so i SHOULD be able to get mine figured out. its gettin pretty old tho

• ProjectDIRT

Posted May 13, 2009 - 06:03 PM

theres a company cant remember the name but they make a efi set up that the quad guys switch to when turboing. ill pm you a guy to call he races in the 4 stroke wars and stuff owns a yfz450 shop great guy.

• nitronaf

Posted May 14, 2009 - 05:49 AM

theres a company cant remember the name but they make a efi set up that the quad guys switch to when turboing. ill pm you a guy to call he races in the 4 stroke wars and stuff owns a yfz450 shop great guy.

megasquirt?

• desert-rat660

Posted May 14, 2009 - 04:55 PM

im going to attempt to convert my bike to EFI using the parts from the yfz450r, if i can find out if the flywheel will fit on the wr crank end then it will be possible.

• yz480doinwork

Posted May 14, 2009 - 06:07 PM

ill be calling him. im looking for a smaller needle and seat. anyone know where one can be found for a YZ?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.