yz426f center intake valve problem help

4 replies to this topic
  • ran8573

Posted April 06, 2009 - 05:22 PM

:thumbsup: i have a 2000 yz426 and im rebuilding the complete engine have it almost done but went to put cams in and the center intake valve seems like it is to long.it has brand new head,hot cams, chain, and valves.what i as wondering was does anyone know the length measurements on the intake valves.i got all new valves from wiseco i think they may of mis boxed one. but machinist didnt catch it either.i can put the lifter on with no shim and it still dont have clearance. help

• KJ790

Posted April 06, 2009 - 05:27 PM

I don't know exact lengths, but the outside two are the same and the middle one should be shorter. I would stand the three next to each other and see if one is shorter than the others. If not then they sent you the wrong valve.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ran8573

Posted April 06, 2009 - 05:32 PM

ok i thought by looking at head the center should be shorter i will try pulling them all out.i will keep this updated

• grayracer513

Posted April 06, 2009 - 07:09 PM

ok i thought by looking at head the center should be shorter

No, by looking at the assembled head, they would all be the same height. But with the center valve inserted at a different angle than the outers, you couldn't tell. You'll have to pull them out. The center valve should be shorter.

• ran8573

Posted April 06, 2009 - 09:07 PM

check my valves took all three out they sold me 2 center valves so i had 2 short and one long with the long one in the center. that sucks cause that just caused me alot more work plus the trouble of ordering another valve and alot more down time waiting on them to get it to me.but thanks fo info

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.