Posted June 05, 2009 - 08:13 PM

I guess I am the minority. I like the blue:excuseme:

i like the yellow the best, i guess im right there with ya

• Superbike Mike

Posted June 05, 2009 - 08:47 PM

blue with out white lines!

• KAS

Posted June 06, 2009 - 02:07 PM

I really wont understand it if they go to red as their official colors. Doesn't Honda already have that covered?

• grayracer513

Posted June 06, 2009 - 03:09 PM

YZ's have changed colors several times.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://oem-cycle.com/images/YZ125%20YAMAHA%201995%20YZ%20125%2095.jpg

• finthat

Posted June 07, 2009 - 08:53 AM

I like the blue as well as the white w\red. I do not like thew way the blue craps out with the white lines from normal use. Mabe they could make the white have blue lines for no reason. haha

• pbviking

Posted June 07, 2009 - 01:03 PM

I guess I am the minority. I like the blue:excuseme:

i like the blue

i would hate to see red:foul:

• Drfletcherdc

Posted June 07, 2009 - 01:38 PM

I like the Blue, no one else has it.

• krony506

Posted June 07, 2009 - 01:38 PM

The year they were white with magenta were the worst.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frank_z28

Posted June 07, 2009 - 01:54 PM

I had i white/pink 91 yz80! it looked awesome..

• mxtanner

Posted June 08, 2009 - 11:00 AM

I like the Blue, no one else has it.

husaberg does

• The Captain

Posted June 08, 2009 - 11:01 AM

The year they were white with magenta were the worst.

Had a yz125, ugliest bike on the planet.:thumbsup:

• Bkew

Posted June 08, 2009 - 05:47 PM

That is a new look to the bike, if done right it could have great balance with the motor set like that. Better on the suspension maybe? (balance was my thought)

The bend in the pipe will allow for exhaust gas to build up some nice heat and being blocked by the motor you never know. Currently the pipes on the outside get air down the side, behind the motor and under the seat makes me wonder.

Having an R1 I will say I would worry about how hot it gets under the seat. I know that sounds odd but DAMN when I got my R1 it was hot as hell on the leg until I put a SATO system on it to let it "Breathe"

• grayracer513

Posted June 08, 2009 - 08:20 PM

If you examine the pictures on page 11, it appears the area where the exhaust runs under the seat is quite open to the air, and that the loop in the pipe is shielded.

• twenty34

Posted June 08, 2009 - 08:37 PM

It'll be interesting to see what sort of premiums Yamaha dealers will be trying to get. When the 09 CRF came out, dealers were RAPING ppl. It was really bad. What kills me is how they justified charging $9-10K for a first yr model then would try convincing buyers they were only making a few hundred dollars if they were lucky.

BTW: Did I mention that I hate most dealers?

• krony506

Posted June 09, 2009 - 08:28 AM

It'll be interesting to see what sort of premiums Yamaha dealers will be trying to get. When the 09 CRF came out, dealers were RAPING ppl. It was really bad. What kills me is how they justified charging $9-10K for a first yr model then would try convincing buyers they were only making a few hundred dollars if they were lucky.

LOL:lol: :thumbsup:

• Superbike Mike

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:05 AM

"Stealerships". there is a reason they call 'em that!

• Ga426owner

Posted June 09, 2009 - 11:04 AM

Rick i am sure dealers will try to charge a premium at first, as they always try to do. And when they do not move then the reality of bike sale will prevail. I also think the allocation will be very very tight asthere are lots of 06-09s crated and ready for sale

• Bkew

Posted June 09, 2009 - 04:00 PM

Agreed, there is a lot of 06-09's sitting around.

The bigger factor I think is how will it stand up in the magazine test's. We all know that 75-80% of people buy what the magazines say is the best of the class. So if it flops in a lot of mags it will be chalked up to the "first year blues".... or "first year red/whites" from what everyone is saying the color will be.

though the engine layout does remind me of the HUSABERG that Dirt Rider just gave bike of the year.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.