2010 Yz450f

560 replies to this topic
  • nickeenoo

Posted June 03, 2009 - 12:01 PM

Here is another fact you guys probably wont believe, it will be red and white in color. no joke.

I hope you're right so when the time comes, you can tell everyone that you told them so.:crazy: I also hope you're right because red and white bikes are sweet.

Nate

• Wiz636

Posted June 03, 2009 - 12:08 PM

They had better not go to a red seat :crazy:

• Ga426owner

Posted June 03, 2009 - 12:50 PM

Red and white used to be the European Yamaha color scheme ..... and a la the 1997 YZF that Henry rode. This would be interesting...and will surely piss off the Honda boys

• Jack22

Posted June 03, 2009 - 01:02 PM

It can and has been done, yes, but note the statement, "Adding this function to the EMS requires considerable enhancement of its processing and memory, as direct injection plus the engine speed management must have very precise algorithms for good performance/drive ability."

Given that the current level of sophistication in MX EFI systems does not even include oxygen or barometric sensors, don't expect to see electronic direct injection systems on a dirt bike for a while.

Is this your personal opinion or do you have reputable knowledge.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted June 03, 2009 - 03:05 PM

Here is another fact you guys probably wont believe, it will be red and white in color. no joke.

I believe it, those are their international racing colors, or were at least at one time. I'll also take mine in yellow and black please, hold the red, hold the blue.

• KAS

Posted June 03, 2009 - 04:16 PM

Why woudn't we believe it? They're already red & white.

• fastmq

Posted June 03, 2009 - 06:03 PM

my 08 was white,red and black

• DEGBTI

Posted June 03, 2009 - 06:44 PM

Why woudn't we believe it? They're already red & white.

oh really? last i checked my bike is blue, as well as the supercross team, motocross team, off road team, the big rigs at the races, the riders gear, ect...

• KAS

Posted June 03, 2009 - 07:20 PM

oh really? last i checked my bike is blue, as well as the supercross team, motocross team, off road team, the big rigs at the races, the riders gear, ect...

You know what I mean. :crazy:

A better way to put it would have been their main color scheme is going to be red & white instead of blue & white.

• 2005_xr250l_thumper

Posted June 03, 2009 - 10:40 PM

red and white? like the special edition ones we get in aus?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2005_xr250l_thumper

Posted June 03, 2009 - 10:41 PM

http://yamaha-motor....7/567_01_2l.jpg

• huffster

Posted June 04, 2009 - 08:20 AM

Let's face it, Yamaha has taken this engine and basic platform as far as it will go and still be competitive and it's about time they came up with "something" that seems inspired. Color scheme will not help or hurt sales, US new bike sales are down + 30% and getting financing tougher by the second. New bike or not, it will remain to be a tough year for new dirt bikes that fetch close to $ 9k...

• Scott C

Posted June 04, 2009 - 09:06 AM

Go by your local Yamaha dealership and look at the sign, It should be red and white now. I don't know how much the bikes,race teams etc. are going to change, But I do know they're changing there blue and white logo to red and white.

• grayracer513

Posted June 04, 2009 - 10:35 AM

Like this:

http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx

The logo at the site went red around January.

• FinchFan194

Posted June 04, 2009 - 08:26 PM

Yep at my local shop they have the racing/pit crew type shirts and the are all red with a big white Yamaha logo on the front.

I also noticed that while watching SX on TV if they sponsored the ticker at the top of the screen it was a red/white logo as well.

• x2468

Posted June 05, 2009 - 01:55 AM

wow looks wild.... i always wondered why the intake wasn't on the front of the bike and the exhaust not on the back. but figured the engineers must know why..... looks like they're digital camera pics of a japenese computer screen. someone at yamaha is gonna be pissed

• x2468

Posted June 05, 2009 - 02:00 AM

oops wrong thread.... same topic

• PUNKTXEMA

Posted June 05, 2009 - 03:32 AM

I hope they make it in red and white, I used to have a 98 yz400 and loved the looks!

Posted Image

• krony506

Posted June 05, 2009 - 08:25 AM

Go by your local Yamaha dealership and look at the sign, It should be red and white now. I don't know how much the bikes,race teams etc. are going to change, But I do know they're changing there blue and white logo to red and white.

Good catch!

• finthat

Posted June 05, 2009 - 03:33 PM

Just think no more white lines in blue plastic.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.