2010 Yz450f

560 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted May 11, 2009 - 01:42 PM

I doubt that that element of the drawing is to scale at that level.

• wondermuscle

Posted May 12, 2009 - 11:40 AM

The gearbox looks awfully big...I wonder if that is just a design necessity with the new motor/tranny configuration or if they are hiding a starter motor in there somewhere.

Patent drawings are not used to illustrate size or actual shape. They are only used to convey the concept.

BUT it would be awesome if it had a starter like the KTMs do.....

• Wiz636

Posted May 12, 2009 - 11:42 AM

My apologies for speculating :excuseme: :smirk:

• SkyHarborCowboy

Posted May 17, 2009 - 02:18 PM

From the drawing it also "Appears" to have a 4 Valve Design as opposed to the current 5 Valve Head.

Joe

• grayracer513

Posted May 17, 2009 - 02:34 PM

From the drawing it also "Appears" to have a 4 Valve Design as opposed to the current 5 Valve Head.

Joe

And in the end, it might. Yamaha is moving toward a return to 4 valve heads in several designs.

• jffhrvstr

Posted May 26, 2009 - 10:49 PM

Did any one noticed in the big patent pics that the motor actually looks like it is leaning toward the back of the bike, not the front?

• jffhrvstr

Posted May 26, 2009 - 10:57 PM

One more thing, with the airfilter being directly over the intake, wouldn't that make it easier to get dirt in your engine when cleaning your airfilter? Although I am confident that they will have a fix for protecting the intake from dirt dropping off the airfilter in to the air intake. They should do it like the last gen Cannondales & Husaberg's where they take off the seat, the airfilter is in the middle of the tank (the tank rap around the airfilter)all nice and exposed for cleaning!

• TooFast

Posted May 27, 2009 - 09:05 AM

Looks like there is room for a turbo now where the exhaust loop is ...

• live4speed

Posted May 27, 2009 - 10:47 AM

for some reason i highly doubt that Yamaha will change their design that much during such an economical catastrophe. I would be willing to bet that the 2010 is VERY similar to the current model. Yes, Yamaha usually does a three year turn over with the 450 model, but since the current model is very good, and no one is really buying a lot of bikes, i bet that they stick a modular FI unit in place of the carb (no fancy electronic blah blah stuff), i bet the frame/suspension is updated (it will undergo very minor changes so they can say its different) they will get rid of the TI spring in the rear to save money. They WILL however pitch a "new" trick to us such as a steering damper or other such trickery to get the bikes to sell. Dare say perhaps they will alter the engine configuration to a 4 valve, but it would probably not be cost effective for them to do so. It will look different, but the underlying roots of the bike will essentially be the same. This is just what i have seen alot of the manufactures doing in the street bike arena. They say the bike is new, but its really the same bike with a couple gadgets. I would also bet my $$$ that the new bike will weigh about 10 pounds more than the current and probably make a pony or two LESS... just my thoughts...i could be completely wrong though...

• grayracer513

Posted May 27, 2009 - 12:08 PM

They WILL however pitch a "new" trick to us

Us?

This thread will be fun to return to in October. :crazy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fmv60691

Posted May 27, 2009 - 12:14 PM

here's the picture of the bike and the patents.

http://www2.solooffr...ltimedia/?g=179

And here is all the information covered in this post (in spanish)

http://www2.solooffr...a.asp?ref=22414

• grayracer513

Posted May 27, 2009 - 12:31 PM

The page says,

"Manufacturers of motorbikes generally patent their inventions and solutions before releasing them to the market, which allows us to discover what they hide the new models. Here we reveal some of Yamaha's better kept secrets.

"The marque of Iwata prepares a revolution since all his motorbikes of cross and enduro from 2010 will be based on a new design of engine. The last patents that it has registered in the United States allow us to verify that the new Yamaha employs a single-cylinder powerplant with the cylinder lightly inclined backwards and rotated 180 degrees with regard to his vertical axis, with the fuel injection intake forward.

"The objective is to bring the mass of the cylinder over to the center of gravity so as to improve the agility and the maneuverability. The airbox is placed at the top near the steering head. Also, the petrol tank will have a more elongated form and will spread below the seat of the rider.

"Included in this patent is registered a new type of hybrid cast aluminum chassis, bolted together in two sections; the steering head and the principal body of the chassis. Also, it is possible that they will equip it with a novel electronic rear shock absorber, the first one of these that would come to the world of two wheels. Here we leave to you a gallery with the patents."

• deanmain

Posted May 27, 2009 - 02:12 PM

And here is all the information covered in this post (in spanish)

http://www2.solooffr...a.asp?ref=22414

HERE IT IS TRANSLATED :
All the manufacturers of motos must patent their inventions and solutions before sending them to the market, which allows to discover what hides the new models. Here we kept awake some of the secrets better kept from Yamaha. It enters and descúbrelos

The mark of Iwata prepares a revolution since all their motos of cross and enduro from 2010 will be based on a new design of motor. The last patents that have registered in the United States allow to verify ahead as Yamaha works in a single cylinder propellent with the cylinder slightly inclined backwards and turned 180º with respect to its vertical axis, with the injector nozzle.

The objective is to better approach the mass of the cylinder the center of gravity and therefore the agility and the manageability, reason why airbox is located in the pipe of the direction. . In addition, the gas tank will have one more an extended form and it will extend below the pilot's seat.

Together with this patent a new type of hybrid chassis of aluminum smelting has been registered, with two part screwed to each other: the pipe of the direction and the main body of the chassis. In addition, it is possible that they equip a novel back electronic monoshock absorber, first of these characteristics that would arrive at the world of the two wheels. Here we left a gallery you with the patents.

To see gallery of photos

• grayracer513

Posted May 27, 2009 - 02:23 PM

I just did that. :crazy:

• Wiz636

Posted May 27, 2009 - 02:31 PM

That pic is just a current 2009 WR with a photoshopped engine. :crazy:

• deanmain

Posted May 27, 2009 - 05:06 PM

I just did that. :crazy:

I saw that AFTER I did it.. :lol: :eek:

• desert-rat660

Posted May 27, 2009 - 07:52 PM

it still looks like there is an airbox under the seat

• grayracer513

Posted May 27, 2009 - 09:15 PM

it still looks like there is an airbox under the seat

If you are talking about the "photo", see post #95.

Since the bike is not to be shown anywhere until September, why would a Spanish moto-newspaper have a real picture?

• Ga426owner

Posted May 28, 2009 - 05:13 AM

I am holding off on anymore 2010 conjecture at this point........until i see some more evidence

• grayracer513

Posted May 28, 2009 - 06:20 AM

I am holding off on anymore 2010 conjecture at this point........until i see some more evidence

Historians tend to be more accurate than prognosticators. :eek: :crazy:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.