Alright people, here's a look at this:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• wondermuscle

Posted May 08, 2009 - 11:42 AM

These picture are from a prliminary patent published Aug 7, 2008.

I would imagine that this concpet will not be the next generation Yamaha. But I hope I am wrong......

• INJURY_69

Posted May 08, 2009 - 11:50 AM

cool, but it doesn't look like the exhaust comes out beneath the rear fender.

• rjcook450

Posted May 08, 2009 - 12:21 PM

exhaust does a loop after rear shock and exits same place it does now, wouldnt think exiting under rear fender would work like it does on street bikes, rear tire could hit it when landing from jumps

• grayracer513

Posted May 08, 2009 - 02:32 PM

cool, but it doesn't look like the exhaust comes out beneath the rear fender.

If the exhaust were under the fender, the fender would need to be raised by the the vertical depth of the muffler in order to clear it. As it currently stands, 39" is the minimum height the bottom of the fender can be set to. You want it higher?

• INJURY_69

Posted May 08, 2009 - 04:50 PM

no, I am not wanting anything. I simply brought it up because i thought I read it on one of the (2010?) rumor threads. not a big deal.

• XRYoda

Posted May 08, 2009 - 05:11 PM

And it has two fuel injecters. Do the other thumpers use two?

12. The vehicle according to claim 1, further comprising: a throttle valve provided within the connecting part to adjust an amount of air flowing through an interior of the intake pipe, wherein the fuel injector includes a first fuel injector mounted upstream of the throttle valve in the connecting part and a second fuel injector mounted downstream of the throttle valve in the connecting part.

Another goodie: "since the fuel tank lies over the upper part of the air cleaner, the capacity of the fuel tank increases."

• JDLowrance

Posted May 08, 2009 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for posting that up Gray. That is exactly what we are getting for 2010(according to my source - an Ex Yamaha developement employee who was just layed-off).

Hope this will appease the nay-sayers.

John

• finthat

Posted May 09, 2009 - 05:43 AM

It looks different thats for sure.
I think I'll wait for a couple of years before getting one (not that I can afford a new bike anyways).
Not to bash inovation but I hope they have done thier R and D on this thing, I see alot of hiding places for the gremlins on this one (2 injectors?). But that comes with the territory and I hope this thing sets the mx world on its butt....I am tired of all the bikes being clones of each other.
One other bonus is it looks like no more crushed header pipes.

• desert-rat660

Posted May 09, 2009 - 09:10 AM

looks like they are finally giving in to the perimeter frame. i think ill keep it old school with my bike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KQMX586

Posted May 09, 2009 - 03:23 PM

wow that thing looks like a pain to maintin airfilters etc... its ugly, good think im switchin to kawi..

• mxpimp18

Posted May 10, 2009 - 08:48 AM

wow that thing looks like a pain to maintin airfilters etc... its ugly, good think im switchin to kawi..

You don't think Yamaha would make it easy to change the air filter.

• DPW

Posted May 10, 2009 - 08:57 AM

You don't think Yamaha would make it easy to change the air filter.

are you being sarcastic?

• mariop

Posted May 10, 2009 - 09:27 AM

I think the design is a good concept. Everyone knows given the angle of the two washers on the side of the air box and the dynamic three sided nuts used to hold the system in place will cause problems with the o-ring in the injection side of the base plate vortex. Price Pfister makes an o-ring that is .0000002 smaller than the conceptual o-ring Yamaha is thinking of using and we all know a .0000002 smaller o-ring will solve the problem at the cost of a .12% loss in HP which may result in increased traction due to the slower rise in rpm.

Don't ya just wanna barf when guys post stuff like that? :excuseme: They sure sound smart though.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted May 10, 2009 - 02:42 PM

looks like they are finally giving in to the perimeter frame. i think ill keep it old school with my bike

what do you mean finally? i think the frame on the yz is a hell of a lot better than and everybody else..

• RCannon

Posted May 10, 2009 - 08:31 PM

Those drawings look legit. The new Transworld shows a bunch of the Japanese works bikes. The Yamaha pictured is not a new bike and it sounds like Yamaha went to great lengths to keep the 2010 quiet for now. They would never bother doing this is we were getting new stroble graphics for 2010.

• desert-rat660

Posted May 10, 2009 - 09:49 PM

what do you mean finally? i think the frame on the yz is a hell of a lot better than and everybody else..

i think u have trouble reading sarcasm!!!!!!! i think the bikes that are out now are top of the line, im actually sad to see they will be changing drastically.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted May 11, 2009 - 03:24 AM

i think u have trouble reading sarcasm!!!!!!! i think the bikes that are out now are top of the line, im actually sad to see they will be changing drastically.

i never said anybody has trouble reading sarcasm buddy... i was just replying to your post thats all

• wondermuscle

Posted May 11, 2009 - 07:00 AM

Thanks for posting that up Gray. That is exactly what we are getting for 2010(according to my source - an Ex Yamaha developement employee who was just layed-off).

John

I hope you are right. It is about time for something new from that side of the world. Even though there are patents, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the other Jap bikes follow in years to come. The Husaberg dudes got bored and did something crazy, good to see Yamaha is thinking outside the box.

• Wiz636

Posted May 11, 2009 - 01:28 PM

The gearbox looks awfully big...I wonder if that is just a design necessity with the new motor/tranny configuration or if they are hiding a starter motor in there somewhere.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.