2010 Yz450f

560 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted April 10, 2009 - 08:39 AM

The location of the injector nozzle is more significant in a two-stroke because of the length and complexity of the intake tract. From an emission control standpoint, one of the problems all engines have is in fuel separating from the fuel/air mix and running along the surfaces of the intake in liquid form, resulting in some fuel left unburned in the exhaust.

In a four-stroke motorcycle, there is very little difference in distance between nozzle and combustion chamber whether the nozzle is at the throttle body, port, or in the chamber, and very little opportunity for fuel separation. In a two-stroke, where the fuel must pass through the crankcase, relocating the nozzle to the combustion chamber or transfer ports would shorten the distance considerably. Then, you would have only the matter of lube oil in the combustion chamber to deal with.

• TIG88

Posted April 10, 2009 - 09:19 AM

PS. Last time I check diesel engines have a hugh injection pump run off the crank shaft ussually.

A little off topic, but yes you are correct. I have a 2002 Dodge Cummins, and it does have an injection pump thats gear driven off the crank. The pump will not function without the lift pump, which supplies it fuel from the tank. Without the LP, the IP will overheat itself and take a dump. The IP only pressurises (sp?) the fuel enough to pop the injectors off. The lift pump functions as a typical fuel pump would.

Back on topic now...

• bmwgooberguy

Posted April 10, 2009 - 05:23 PM

a friend of mine works at yamaha, the pipe is diffenently going out the back of the bike. was also told that the efi will be of a di type, also something that they did to the crank is said to aid in the cornering of the bike! and that the bike will not be seen by the public until sept. dont know way the late date.

• 642MX

Posted April 10, 2009 - 05:32 PM

Wouldn't electric start be nice?... I don't need all the fancy stuff, a magic button and EFI is all. :p

• Se77vN

Posted April 10, 2009 - 06:23 PM

Wouldn't electric start be nice?... I don't need all the fancy stuff, a magic button and EFI is all. :p

your half way there...it's call the WRXXX :lol:

• finthat

Posted April 11, 2009 - 08:56 AM

A little off topic, but yes you are correct. I have a 2002 Dodge Cummins, and it does have an injection pump thats gear driven off the crank. The pump will not function without the lift pump, which supplies it fuel from the tank. Without the LP, the IP will overheat itself and take a dump. The IP only pressurises (sp?) the fuel enough to pop the injectors off. The lift pump functions as a typical fuel pump would.

Back on topic now...

Off topic once more. Yeah a deisel is a completely different animal in how it works, with a crap load and a half of compression no spark plug ect. You think your thumper is hard to kick over.
I'll stop now with the useless yammering now.

• RCannon

Posted April 12, 2009 - 06:00 AM

I listened to the Racer X Podcast with Steve Matthes. He was interviewing Josh Coppins and the discussion turned to the bike. http://www.racerxonl...ry/podcast.aspx

Coppins talked about his works bike. In 2008, he said, "Many of the 09 parts would bolt on to my 08....thats just not so with my 09 (refering to the 2010)"

I cannot wait as the 2010 sounds very cool.

• yz007f

Posted April 12, 2009 - 08:54 AM

Coppins also said that his bike really isn't much different from last year. Because Yamaha RND wont give any trick parts because they will not fit the 09, last year his bike was pretty much a 09 already. So it should be something all new....

• XRYoda

Posted April 12, 2009 - 10:13 AM

Sign me up. I just hope that Arcbis/IMS will be able to make a larger fuel tank for it.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted April 13, 2009 - 03:15 AM

Sign me up. I just hope that Arcbis/IMS will be able to make a larger fuel tank for it.

yup thats a must with me also

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX926

Posted May 06, 2009 - 10:41 AM

Any definitive info on this bike yet??? Or are we still talking rumors?

• JDLowrance

Posted May 06, 2009 - 09:28 PM

Not rumors! Read the first post. That's what we're getting.

John

• Ga450owner

Posted May 07, 2009 - 07:07 AM

Not rumors! Read the first post. That's what we're getting.

John

John in my experience until the official word comes from yamaha either at dealer show or website.....it is all rumor. Just based on 30 years of this.
You may be right but you also may be wrong.......
It is interesting to me that nothing, I mean nothing even semi official has really come out yet on the 2010.....it tells me we are in for a new new ride possibly

• wondermuscle

Posted May 07, 2009 - 07:54 AM

Could anyone see a large view of the pictures of the patent when clicked? I am trying to pull the full patent but can't make out the patent # in the pictures.

• wondermuscle

Posted May 07, 2009 - 09:47 AM

Found them.

• Dale512

Posted May 07, 2009 - 12:52 PM

Any chance of posting up bigger pictures?

• Frank_z28

Posted May 07, 2009 - 12:54 PM

I cant wait to get a new YZF :excuseme:

• wondermuscle

Posted May 08, 2009 - 07:08 AM

Any chance of posting up bigger pictures?

Both Patents are 15 plus pages. My image posting account is not cooperating right now but if you want the entire patent email me and I'll send it your way in a zip file. PM me with your email address.

To download patents from the US patent & trademark website you have to load a Tiff viewer which doesn't work very well and it is hard to find.

http://patft.uspto.gov/ is the website for the patent search. The two patent numbers I gave are not actual patents but applications. So use the search on the right side of the screen.

Good Luck

• bedell99

Posted May 08, 2009 - 09:20 AM

After reviewing the patent it looks real similar to cannondale except the longer header. I'm curious to know how much the weight balance is now and how it will affect steering.

• motox88

Posted May 08, 2009 - 09:26 AM

google translate....

http://translate.goo...history_state0=

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.