2010 Yz450f

560 replies to this topic
  • Doctor D

Posted September 07, 2009 - 03:39 PM

I think your dealer is a bit off base

Wouldn't be the first or last time :busted:

Sounds like PAPE is low on the delivery list, which would make sense, since they are the only one for about 50-65 miles, tucked up at the top of the Peninsula. I guess it reaffirms the "limited production" theory.

• FinchFan194

Posted September 07, 2009 - 04:08 PM

All Yamaha dealers have to be or at least use to have to be 100 miles apart as the crow flies.

• yamaha227

Posted September 07, 2009 - 04:13 PM

It's the 8th of september 9.30am in New Zealand. How much longer

You wont see any info until atleast late tonight or early tomorrow morn local NZ/AUS time. Thats when the 250F details came out and its release date was a tues aswell. Nearly there....

• KAS

Posted September 07, 2009 - 04:32 PM

All Yamaha dealers have to be or at least use to have to be 100 miles apart as the crow flies.

Not anymore. I've got one dealer thats about 50 miles away, and another thats a little under 100.

• ReedRulz

Posted September 07, 2009 - 04:38 PM

I've got a yamaha dealer about 2 miles away and another about 20 miles away.

• Aka.Goose

Posted September 07, 2009 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, I think Honda is the only one still sticking to the distance dealership rule still...
Most shops (in the SoCal area anyway) will have a few bikes coming in a few days to a few weeks...
Tomorrows unveiling date is at select locations and almost all of them are invite only...Not at the dealerships...
I hear there's some surprises going on at Glen Helen...

• grayracer513

Posted September 07, 2009 - 04:48 PM

There are at least 5 in the greater San Diego alone, and at least 3 more in the county, which is 60 x 60 miles. Then there's Orange and LA counties.

I don't know where you heard that, but it ain't so.

• Sider_steve

Posted September 07, 2009 - 05:04 PM

15 miles is the new rule.
Older dealerships that are closer than that are pretty much grandfathered in.

• rickallen124

Posted September 07, 2009 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, I think Honda is the only one still sticking to the distance dealership rule still...
Most shops (in the SoCal area anyway) will have a few bikes coming in a few days to a few weeks...
Tomorrows unveiling date is at select locations and almost all of them are invite only...Not at the dealerships...
I hear there's some surprises going on at Glen Helen...

They are doing the introduction for the southern california dealers at Glen Helen. I guess that they are limiting it to one person from each dealer.

• FinchFan194

Posted September 07, 2009 - 06:38 PM

There are at least 5 in the greater San Diego alone, and at least 3 more in the county, which is 60 x 60 miles. Then there's Orange and LA counties.

I don't know where you heard that, but it ain't so.

Heard it from a guy I know that owns a Yamaha dealer a few years ago. Maybe it has changed? I know a dealer can be closer if it is the same owner(s). Not that big of deal to me was just throwin it out there about the post above mine is all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FinchFan194

Posted September 07, 2009 - 06:40 PM

I did hear today that James Stewart was going to So Cali to do something big tomorrow! I am assuming it is the unveiling of the 2010 YZ450f.

• ashes

Posted September 07, 2009 - 07:08 PM

This is almost as bad as waiting to pick up your new bike!! It's the 8th here all ready!! Aaarrrgghhh

• grayracer513

Posted September 07, 2009 - 07:11 PM

15 miles is the new rule.
Older dealerships that are closer than that are pretty much grandfathered in.

Heard it from a guy I know that owns a Yamaha dealer a few years ago. Maybe it has changed? I know a dealer can be closer if it is the same owner(s). Not that big of deal to me was just throwin it out there about the post above mine is all.

Ask yourself if you really think the same dealership density rules would apply in SoCal as in North Dakota. Rules like that are based on population density.

• FinchFan194

Posted September 07, 2009 - 07:26 PM

Ya I am not arguin about it there Gray:) and I don't know anything about North Dakota but I see your point about SoCal.

• Sider_steve

Posted September 07, 2009 - 07:34 PM

Ask yourself if you really think the same dealership density rules would apply in SoCal as in North Dakota. Rules like that are based on population density.

I do know that in Spokane Washington, when the dealership I was working at burned down.
They found a location 7 blocks west of their previous location.
When the other local dealership heard about the new location they fought the move stating the dealership was to close.
And kept the dealership move from from happening.
When the second location was located outside the 15 mile limit, the move went through.
The new location fit nicely between the dealership located in western Spokane and the dealership In couer d'alene Idaho.

• joeatl17

Posted September 07, 2009 - 08:08 PM

i stayed up and they still dont have it on the website 12 06 georgia time

• Ice67

Posted September 07, 2009 - 08:41 PM

No pics until 9:00 am Pacific time.

• grayracer513

Posted September 07, 2009 - 09:21 PM

When the second location was located outside the 15 mile limit, the move went through.

No two of the 5 greater San Diego area dealers are 15 miles apart. Some are fewer than 5 miles apart.

In double checking, there are a minimum of 6 more dealerships in the county.

For perspective, there are 6.5 million people in Washington. There are 3 million in San Diego County alone, and 1.2 in the City itself. On top of that, we don't have a serious winter here (in fact, it's the best time of year to ride), so sales don't really let up seasonally.

• twenty34

Posted September 07, 2009 - 09:22 PM

Wow GR...Looks like you'll be burning the midnight oil tomorrow night - managing the forum with this release.

• grayracer513

Posted September 07, 2009 - 09:34 PM

Wow GR...Looks like you'll be burning the midnight oil tomorrow night - managing the forum with this release.

Liable to be a busy day, alright.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.