2010 Yz450f

560 replies to this topic
  • mike_dean

Posted July 16, 2009 - 04:35 AM

Gray, sorry this is off topic and maybe a little smart a$$, but I didn't know they raced tandem bicycles?

My wife and I raced tandem for several years it was a blast, those bikes are very fast down hill, many times the pack would help us up the hills so they could draft us at 50 plus down the other side. We also had a Cannondale with Aerospoke wheels. Sorry, not related to the post, but brought back some memories.

• grayracer513

Posted July 16, 2009 - 05:59 AM

....I photoshopped to look like (the computer rendering) his '10 bike.......

Pretty good job. There are still some obvious giveaways, but without those, some of the details could have been convincing.

• huffster

Posted July 16, 2009 - 11:06 AM

The first year RMZ250 had the same head layout as a YZ250F made the RMZ reliable.

Gray,
I know you are not talking about the joint-venture KXF/RMZ-250's....Those things had more documented failures than the Space Shuttle !

• fastmq

Posted July 16, 2009 - 11:57 AM

Actually it's his '09 bike.......I photoshopped to look like (the computer rendering) his '10 bike....... at least it might look like this. Who knows, it could look like the 250F's?

great work man !

• grayracer513

Posted July 16, 2009 - 01:52 PM

Gray,
I know you are not talking about the joint-venture KXF/RMZ-250's....Those things had more documented failures than the Space Shuttle !

I am talking about those, but you missed the point.

• chaddy721

Posted July 16, 2009 - 05:29 PM

herd the reatil on a new 2010 450 around 9k retail..insane

• SC_Spode

Posted July 16, 2009 - 05:51 PM

Don't know where you heard it but it wouldn't surprise me. I've always said if you think the thumpers are expensive now, wait until they kill off the 2-strokes.

Combine that with the falling dollar (thanks to the non-stop printing of new ones) and it won't surprise me if they have a mid-year price increase to over $10k.

Your dollar is gonna buy a lot less real soon if things keep going the way they are. :worthy:

• desert-rat660

Posted July 16, 2009 - 06:06 PM

as long as people are willing to pay high prices there is no reason to lower them. im never buying a new toy again

• Ga426owner

Posted July 17, 2009 - 05:42 AM

Cha Ching and yes this would be insane.......but, I predict you are close if not this 2010 year maybe 2011, and close to, or over 10k in 2012....Cost is getting outragous for this sport......and will ultimately hurt the sport and industry IMHO.

maybe I should just buy a slightly used porsche, the prices on these are dropping by the day :worthy:

• YZ450FIL

Posted July 17, 2009 - 07:07 AM

as long as people are willing to pay high prices there is no reason to lower them. im never buying a new toy again

That's just it, people are not paying the high prices. That's why the dealers have so many leftover's and the rebates are so much.

There isn't a market for 8k dirtbikes, people won't pay it. You would of thought the manufacturer's had learned this already with all the leftovers the dealers can sell, even at 5k.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ReedRulz

Posted July 17, 2009 - 10:20 AM

It must be true about the all new 450F I saw this link on another site. http://appft.uspto.g...&RS=20080184961

• grayracer513

Posted July 17, 2009 - 11:09 AM

We saw that link on this site about 3 months ago.

• PSD_Sun

Posted July 17, 2009 - 11:30 AM

Clearly the YZ450F is all new or the official pics would have already been releases along w/ the 250F.

Bike looks great! I

• gtaylor

Posted July 17, 2009 - 11:58 AM

Clearly the YZ450F is all new or the official pics would have already been releases along w/ the 250F.

Bike looks great! I

Have pictures of the 250 been released or are we seeing more photoshop?

• ReedRulz

Posted July 17, 2009 - 12:58 PM

We saw that link on this site about 3 months ago.

I didnt and Im sure there are others on here that didnt either.

• grayracer513

Posted July 17, 2009 - 02:53 PM

I didnt and Im sure there are others on here that didnt either.

One of the reasons there are 376+ posts in this thread is because people don't read it before they post stuff.

• SC_Spode

Posted July 17, 2009 - 03:09 PM

There isn't a market for 8k dirtbikes, people won't pay it...

Unless they're orange... and come with this Posted Image

:worthy:

• kyle450rider

Posted July 17, 2009 - 05:42 PM

In the new transworld mx magazine they stated they would have pictures of the bike on the twmx website july 15th. I've checked and couldn't find any.

• grayracer513

Posted July 17, 2009 - 06:50 PM

Transworld said that they were posting pictures today, but I guess that didnt happen

I cant believe someone hasnt got a picture of Bubba testing the new bike yet, or anything like that.

those 250s for sure look good.

today is the 15 any pics of the 450?

One of the reasons there are 376+ posts in this thread is because people don't read it before they post stuff.

In the new transworld mx magazine they stated they would have pictures of the bike on the twmx website july 15th. I've checked and couldn't find any.

See what I mean?

• jffhrvstr

Posted July 17, 2009 - 08:33 PM

Has any one seen the vid of James on espn.com, I was watching it and around the 4 min 30 sec they pan back to show James and the guy interviewing him and they show his '09 YZ in the back ground and in front of it they show a front fender that is not the '09's and graphics are different as well. I am pretty positive that is the new bike, unfortunately, all you see is a front fender for about 2 seconds. Here's the link,

http://espn.go.com/a...tory?id=4334688

Oh, thanks for the compliments on the photoshop bike I did, it will be interesting to see if it really comes out. Although dirtbike.com did say there will be some radically tech coming out in '10 and the other big 3 have revealed there bikes with minor updates. Can't wait!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.