2010 Yz450f

560 replies to this topic
  • Luv2crash

Posted July 10, 2009 - 04:52 PM

I'm just jumping in here, but do we know if it's going to be all new and radical for2010 or just even a different gen bike. or just same as now with lil change?

• YZ450FIL

Posted July 10, 2009 - 05:09 PM

I'm just jumping in here, but do we know if it's going to be all new and radical for2010 or just even a different gen bike. or just same as now with lil change?

Nobody knows for sure, but since Yamaha Dealers can't give away the carburated models you can be sure it will at least be fuel injected.

It's due for major changes, everyone thought it would come in 09 since the other 3 had FI and Yamaha had the technology on the quads. Yamaha screwed up by not having, ask any dealer how good 09's are selling. Sure everyone is slow, but the discounts on the Yamaha are way bigger than the Kawi or Honda 450's.

• armourbl

Posted July 10, 2009 - 05:29 PM

This is probably the single most exciting thing to happen to dirtbikes in a long time. It could have a lot of people changing colors. Peaked my interest for sure, especially given that it looks like Honda didn't change anything on their 2010 bike.

One thing I'm predicting though...That exhaust configuration will heat up the shock, and the frame, and of course your legs more so than current designs. I wonder if they took this into account and did something to help with air flow around the back of the engine?

ben

• ashes

Posted July 10, 2009 - 05:41 PM

I believe it will be a good bike.
I'd say Yamaha have been working on it for quite a few years and that's why they have stuck with the old bike with minor upgrades for a while!

*** I'm not worried about the heat if worst comes to worst I'll cover the pipe in heat wrap! That stuff works a treat!

• timmy351

Posted July 10, 2009 - 06:20 PM

i think its forsure cuz js7 already rode it

• ron_m

Posted July 10, 2009 - 06:38 PM

This is probably the single most exciting thing to happen to dirtbikes in a long time. It could have a lot of people changing colors. Peaked my interest for sure, especially given that it looks like Honda didn't change anything on their 2010 bike.

One thing I'm predicting though...That exhaust configuration will heat up the shock, and the frame, and of course your legs more so than current designs. I wonder if they took this into account and did something to help with air flow around the back of the engine?

ben

Speaking from a historical standpoint Yamaha's engineers have developed some superb products over the years for the most part. Sure there have been some design flaws here and there on some of their bikes and ATVs. That cannot be refuted. However, I have to believe that all and all they have done a very good job with the vast majority of their designs. I believe that their product development engineers wouldn't allow for a major heat issue to be overlooked during design and testing. Surely they performed some thermal analysis, etc. There is just too much at stake for the company at this stage in the game to make such a huge engineering mistake with their next generation 450cc MX bike. But hey, I could be wrong about this. I sure hope that I'm not. :worthy:

• Aka.Goose

Posted July 10, 2009 - 06:57 PM

Plus the design does allow for header wrap without it being shredded as soon as the bike goes down...
It's gonna be great, but I'm gonna hold off and plan on replacing my 07 with a 2012...After they refine it and hammer out any issues...

• Family Man

Posted July 10, 2009 - 07:21 PM

Its kinda funny, but all they would really have to do to start winning some shootouts is put an open exhaust on it. Its allready such a solid bike. Though, It would be sweet if they lowered the center of gravity some how.

• Aka.Goose

Posted July 10, 2009 - 07:39 PM

Its kinda funny, but all they would really have to do to start winning some shootouts is put an open exhaust on it. Its allready such a solid bike. Though, It would be sweet if they lowered the center of gravity some how.

If they put a rear slanted motor, gas tank under the seat, the airbox up front, and the exhaust not wrapping around the front, they'll definitely not only lower the center of gravity, but make the bulk of the bikes weight right between your legs...This thing will handle amazing like a gyro...
lol...See, there is a reason why there are a bunch of Segways around the Yamaha camps! :worthy:

• moto867

Posted July 11, 2009 - 04:59 AM

This is'nt ground breaking technology, remember the cannondale? I'm sure the yamaha will be 10 times better, but this has all been done before. I don't think the lower cog alone can make the bike a winner, it did nothing for cannondale. cog=center of gravity. If i remember correctly the cannondale had a head pipe that was too short, that's why yamaha has the trumpet pipe, and there air box was hard to get to and too small. Like I said I'm sure yamaha addressed these issues.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Luv2crash

Posted July 11, 2009 - 07:17 AM

This may sound weird but i think it would hurt sales more to NOT release a new 450, since it's already been 4 years on the same platform. Many people want the "2nd" year bike anyway so they should just put it out and sell tons of 2011's, I would buy an 09 IF they released a new one cuz it would be so cheap aswell, BTW i'm on a YZ250 right now and am anxious to see that bike again, but i think the 4stroke suites me better

• grayracer513

Posted July 11, 2009 - 07:52 AM

This is'nt ground breaking technology, remember the cannondale?

Obviously, you didn't read before posting. Some people have been doing nothing but remembering the Cannondale.

I own a Cannondale. Before anyone freaks, it's one of their aluminum tandem road bicycles that I bought as a frameset and built up back when I was a bicycle racer. It's a phenomenal piece of equipment; extraordinarily rigid and stable, and the frame was lighter than the cardboard crate it was shipped in.

Nevertheless, when Cannondale introduced their motorcycle, they were a well-known, edgy, innovative niche bicycle company with no experience whatsoever with any kind of motor vehicle. There would have been resistance to their product no matter how conventional or unconventional it was. The same thing would have happened if Schwinn or Maytag had suddenly decided to build dirt bikes. Couple that with the very unusual layout, and you have a pretty much sure looser from a marketing standpoint.

They should have stayed with bicycles, or done something more conventional.

Either way, it has no bearing on the YZ450 anymore than the fact that the first year RMZ250 had the same head layout as a YZ250F made the RMZ reliable. Comparisons at such a shallow level are somewhat meaningless, and Yamaha is not a bicycle company branching out into an unfamiliar market.

• e30M3

Posted July 11, 2009 - 09:23 AM

Before anyone freaks, it's one of their aluminum tandem road bicycles that I bought as a frameset and built up back when I was a bicycle racer.

Gray, sorry this is off topic and maybe a little smart a$$, but I didn't know they raced tandem bicycles?

• grayracer513

Posted July 11, 2009 - 09:40 AM

... I didn't know they raced tandem bicycles?

Well, you learn something every day.

• Ga426owner

Posted July 11, 2009 - 11:18 AM

Obviously, you didn't read before posting. Some people have been doing nothing but remembering the Cannondale.

here we go again back to the cannondale:moon:

• grayracer513

Posted July 11, 2009 - 02:20 PM

:worthy:

That was my point, in a way. One has nothing to do with the other, really.

• arel451

Posted July 12, 2009 - 10:08 AM

Transworld's latest issue says to check out their website on July 15 to see the new bikes.

• Ga426owner

Posted July 13, 2009 - 08:50 AM

Well Yami is the only one left to announce the 2010 450.....
it will be either a Blue or a Green decision for me :worthy:

• DPW

Posted July 14, 2009 - 09:56 AM

250F, but an idea of whats coming...

Posted Image

• yz125_17

Posted July 14, 2009 - 12:51 PM

That doesnt even look photoshopped to me.. real similar to the husky tho

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.