2010 Yz450f

560 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted July 07, 2009 - 11:45 AM

Ga, I know you live in a world of Blue-tinted goggles....However, I dare say the Yamaha factory and satellite teams will struggle mightily with a radically revised YZ-450 platform for 3-6 months just like the Honda team has done...Simple reason is all the setup notes from the years past mean nothing and that's compounded by the lack of actual pre-testing that is allowed to happen for reasons of secrecy. Time will tell.

Huffster I agree 100% - I will be shocked if the 2010 YZF is plaque free with all of these changes.....
and on the google comment....nah I used to own and race hondas. Just found something I liked better....and I am still waiting on the messiah bike:smirk:

• huffster

Posted July 07, 2009 - 01:43 PM

Maybe you should try a Husky...those guys think their bikes are perfect !! lol

• Ga426owner

Posted July 08, 2009 - 06:02 AM

Maybe you should try a Husky...those guys think their bikes are perfect !! lol

this would be going to the complete otherside wouldn't it? Of course they think they are perfect...they are stuck with them. :worthy:

• Kawirider37

Posted July 08, 2009 - 10:06 PM

http://i236.photobuc...-StyleMXcom.jpg

I think it'll take some getting used to. Is this pic for real?

• yz_for_me

Posted July 08, 2009 - 11:46 PM

Yes, it's real. Any resemblence to the Cannondale is purely coincidental. :worthy:
Posted Image

• DJ250F

Posted July 09, 2009 - 12:27 AM

According to Dirt Action (Aussie mag), the embargo on the 2010 YZ250F details are lifted this month, but not until October for the 450

• PUNKTXEMA

Posted July 09, 2009 - 01:05 AM

That pic is funny!:worthy:

I really don´t know what Yamaha is trying to hide, because we all know about this bike since March, so why don´t they start to show it, and get a good marketing campaign?

• PETE24

Posted July 09, 2009 - 05:49 AM

go ahead laugh at those cannondales, if you ever rode one you wouldnt be laughing they were good

• DPW

Posted July 09, 2009 - 06:35 AM

go ahead laugh at those cannondales, if you ever rode one you wouldnt be laughing they were good

I'd like to ask Robbie Reynard his opinion of the 'dale

• Ga426owner

Posted July 09, 2009 - 07:00 AM

And I as remember the "dales" never finished one AMA race......due to breakage:banghead:
In concept yes very very nice ...in reality, a flawed bike with zero future due to Cannondales motorcycle demise

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jffhrvstr

Posted July 09, 2009 - 07:41 AM

That pic is of an ATK, formally known as the Cannondale. ATK is a motorcycle company out of Utah that bought the rights from Cannondale (motorcycles and atv's). I heard that they made the engine more reliable and the bike is supposed to be a pretty good bike now. You can check out the ATK stuff at atkusa.com I think if they would have chosen a better color for their bike it would have sold better! LOL

• nickeenoo

Posted July 09, 2009 - 02:36 PM

That pic is of an ATK, formally known as the Cannondale. ATK is a motorcycle company out of Utah that bought the rights from Cannondale (motorcycles and atv's). I heard that they made the engine more reliable and the bike is supposed to be a pretty good bike now. You can check out the ATK stuff at atkusa.com I think if they would have chosen a better color for their bike it would have sold better! LOL

I had a buddy ride an ATK for one desert race in Mesquite. He was given the bike by the owner so he could give a report on the thing. The ATK did not finish the race and was underpowered the whole time anyway. Unless they've come a long way in the last two years what you heard about them being good is not really true.

Nate

• grayracer513

Posted July 09, 2009 - 02:51 PM

Please take any further discussion of Cannondales or ATK's to the Exotics Forum unless it relates directly to the YZ450.

Thanks.

• nephic

Posted July 10, 2009 - 06:40 AM

Finally, someone puts an end to the madness!

• rbm33

Posted July 10, 2009 - 12:02 PM

i would be shocked if Yamaha released that bike in 2010, but if they do you can count me in!!

• Aka.Goose

Posted July 10, 2009 - 12:45 PM

Sure would be nice if for once they:
1. Separated the engine oil/gear oil like the Hondas...
2. Made it with an uncorked nice stock exhaust...
3. Put decent tires on it...

I actually really wish they offered 2 versions of the YZ...One full race model, and another trail model...And don't say, "They do, it's called a WR"...lol
I could go for a 450 race bike for the track (stripped of all possible weight, better exhaust and suspension, different cams, high compression piston, etc.) and then have another 450 for everything else (with electric start, quiet exhaust, radiator fans, overflow return, kick stand, etc)...

• Aka.Goose

Posted July 10, 2009 - 12:50 PM

Ahhh whatever...I guess that would be a WR...:worthy:

• INJURY_69

Posted July 10, 2009 - 12:51 PM

:worthy:

• grayracer513

Posted July 10, 2009 - 02:42 PM

I actually really wish they offered 2 versions of the YZ...

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=768176

• Aka.Goose

Posted July 10, 2009 - 03:44 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=768176

I guess what they really need to do is have the WR be the street legal version of the YZ, and then have a trail edition YZ and a race edition YZ...

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.