2010 Yz450f

560 replies to this topic
  • kx1984

Posted July 01, 2009 - 09:08 PM

The OEM's do make available a very small pool of bikes and ATV's for fitment and prototyping to most of the major aftermarket companies..Sometimes not enough to go around...as others have said, they "might" get one day with the bike to make something fit. Also, a 2010 Yami 450 has been spotted at one of these very companies...and it's a pretty dramatic revision from the 2009 model !

This ain't right! A 2010 yz450 has been seen in real life? More details. someone has to get a picture of this thing. I am having a hard time with the concept of waiting till September to see this thing.

• SC_Spode

Posted July 02, 2009 - 02:39 PM

This ain't right! A 2010 yz450 has been seen in real life? More details. someone has to get a picture of this thing. I am having a hard time with the concept of waiting till September to see this thing.

I find this soooo funny! :banana:

I can remember when a September release was way early! (just showing my age again!) :banana:

Now, if the next-year bikes aren't being released in January of the current year people are impatient! :banana:

Howzabout they don't release it until November and call it the 2011 model? Then it would be waaay early (even though it would be the same bike they didn't release in September!)! :worthy:

• DBMX 925

Posted July 02, 2009 - 03:04 PM

http://www.bikewalls.../1280x1024.html Maybe the motor will sit in the frame like this..........

• APBT

Posted July 02, 2009 - 05:25 PM

Yamaha is now what Honda used to be, the most reliable/durable bikes made.

I wish I could say this about late model YZ250 two stroke gearboxes. Cranks?- maybe. Gearboxes?- not a chance.

• mxdude1986

Posted July 03, 2009 - 04:50 PM

Anyone seen the pic they have on this months dirtrider mag looks sick.

• grayracer513

Posted July 03, 2009 - 05:09 PM

Sick? Fake.

And yes, we've seen it.

http://www.thumperta...223#post8287223

• ron_m

Posted July 03, 2009 - 07:11 PM

Sure have. I was at a local Yamaha dealership Thurs. and the guys behind the counter of the parts department were looking at that picture and talking about how awesome they thought that particular bike would be if the production version ends up looking the same as the one in the magazine picture. Having the gas tank mounted low like that and the air box up high definitely makes sense from a center of gravity improvement standpoint. These changes plus the changeover to EFI makes for a dramatically different YZ450F for sure. It will be interesting to see exactly what Yamaha decides to roll out in production.

• Justin89

Posted July 04, 2009 - 09:35 AM

i hope they get the bike right, right out of the box. i hear horror stories about the new crf450r

Same here, I heard they have nothing but problems...

• jffhrvstr

Posted July 04, 2009 - 09:29 PM

Thankfully Yamaha is smart enough to make it right and will not release it until they get it right. At least that seems to be their history, sure not all of their bikes are perfect, but the are known for being the most reliable.

I just had an idea. Is there anyone on this thread that lives in Haines City, Florida that has access to a helicopter with a camera mounted on in that is HD and has a gyro-stabilizer thingy? If you do, all you would have to do is fly over James "compound" while his is doing some testing and we would not only get to see the new bike, but see it in action with the fastest rider on it!! Man, if it were only that easy!

Hopefully Stewart & Grant will be on one of the new bikes at Washugal, that would be pretty cool to see those two chasing each other around the track! It was good to see Grant taking the over all win!

• Buggerburg

Posted July 05, 2009 - 11:48 PM

That is a good call, it would seem most likely that Stuart would debut the bike with a win.
A bit more hype, keep it covered before and after type of thing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDLowrance

Posted July 06, 2009 - 08:41 AM

Just got back from Laguna Seca where I talked to one of Yamaha's finest (who shall remain nameless). Interesting conversation!

To sum it up there will only be a limited number (not very specific) of the 2010 450s comming to dealers (read - excessive mark-up!). Not all dealers will get one. The dealers who've done a good job of moving YZ's in the past will be the ones getting the new bikes.

Of a more interesting note, there will be no WR for 2010. There are too many 08-09's still sitting around on dealers floors. My suspicion is they will start tooling up for the 2011 WR which will be based on the new 450.

Just sayin.

John

• huffster

Posted July 06, 2009 - 10:35 AM

I work within the industry, so I have reliable sources. Let's just say sometimes I share stuff I know...and sometimes not. I do know for a fact there will be a new part # for the YZ450F piston to match a new 4-valve head for 2010 :worthy:

The whole thing about very few bikes is nothing but smoke and mirrors...Honda & Yamaha say this every year and there are still plenty of bikes sitting unsold. Only makes sense to allocate more bikes to shops that are good at moving them, too....Anyone that pays more than retail for ANY motorcycle in the current market is a FOOL !

• yz25

Posted July 06, 2009 - 11:02 AM

i agree with Huffster..

You can make it all great but, you can also price yourself out of the market real quick especially in this day and time... Yeah there will be people who will run out and buy a bike and pay way more than base just have one but there isnt as many of those customers running around at the moment, then your stuck with a large inventory.. Not sure if they want to be in that boa Did anyone of the sources said when we should be expecting to see the bikes at the dealers.. hope this isnt one of the Zuki teases...

yz25

• Petehanz

Posted July 06, 2009 - 04:22 PM

What do you guys think is it for real. If it is I want one or 2.

http://www.crfsonly....pic.php?t=27166

• KAS

Posted July 06, 2009 - 04:42 PM

Please try to keep up. :worthy:

• Justin89

Posted July 06, 2009 - 04:48 PM

All I gotta say is the people on that forum are a bunch of tools! LOL read through some of their posts if you want a real good laugh. I'm not really one to totally favor one brand over the other but these people are flat out rediculous! :worthy::lol:

• DPW

Posted July 06, 2009 - 04:53 PM

All I gotta say is the people on that forum are a bunch of tools! LOL read through some of their posts if you want a real good laugh. I'm not really one to totally favor one brand over the other but these people are flat out rediculous! :banana::lol:

but what do you expect...it's a Honda forum...:worthy:

• nephic

Posted July 06, 2009 - 09:43 PM

"The U.S. Open is a part of preparation for myself and the San Manuel Yamaha Race Team leading into the 2010 season,” said Stewart. “Last year, the U.S. Open was my first race with my new team and it turned out to be a great weekend. I had only ridden a Yamaha about four times before heading to Las Vegas to race in the U.S. Open and this year will be similar to last year because we have a completely new motorcycle that I will be racing. The U.S. Open is one of our steps for preparing for the 2010.”

Full text on:
http://www.racerxonl...-u.s.-open.aspx

So, you'll see it someday.

• Ga426owner

Posted July 07, 2009 - 05:41 AM

Not to change subjects BUT this really shook my cobwebs

Geez the folks who posted on this particular thread on CRFsonly are about the dumbest group of idiots I have ever seen on a public thread......for god sakes do all of them live inside a Glass Red Bubble....hello the 2010 CRF is not the messiah it is a bike full of flaws? Are they serious or have they been drinking out of high mercury content REd water fountains?
CRFsonly....a place for REd Riders that do not know reality from fantasy :worthy:

• huffster

Posted July 07, 2009 - 08:32 AM

Ga, I know you live in a world of Blue-tinted goggles....However, I dare say the Yamaha factory and satellite teams will struggle mightily with a radically revised YZ-450 platform for 3-6 months just like the Honda team has done...Simple reason is all the setup notes from the years past mean nothing and that's compounded by the lack of actual pre-testing that is allowed to happen for reasons of secrecy. Time will tell.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.