2010 Yz450f

560 replies to this topic
  • rickallen124

Posted June 17, 2009 - 08:20 PM

Well, the word around here is that Yamaha will debut the new 450 at Washougal. I don't know if this is true or not but some of the dealers reps have been telling them that. I sure hope so, as I can't wait to see it.

• cf3232

Posted June 17, 2009 - 11:17 PM

if thats the bike im pretty pumped on it:thumbsup:

i wonder why they went with a 4 valve head in stead of there trusty 5 valve

o and somebody is deff gunna get fired for that one

I am sure they went with a four valve head instead of a 5 valve head to bump up compression. They did this on the YZF R1 a few years back for that very reason. I think Rossi had the engineers do it on the M1 as well when he moved to Yamaha in 2004 for the very same reason.

• grayracer513

Posted June 18, 2009 - 08:23 AM

I am sure they went with a four valve head instead of a 5 valve head to bump up compression. They did this on the YZF R1 a few years back for that very reason. I think Rossi had the engineers do it on the M1 as well when he moved to Yamaha in 2004 for the very same reason.

The number of valves in the head has absolutely nothing to do with compression ratio, regardless of what you heard.

• thatkid46

Posted June 18, 2009 - 11:24 AM

i heard rossi had it done for torque, im not sure how true that is though.

• thatkid46

Posted June 18, 2009 - 11:26 AM

[quote name='yz480doinwork'] its funny, all this is on the internet but my dad, being a dealer, has heard nothing! QUOTE]

all the reps have been tight lipped, theres too many 09's still sittin on the floors

• grayracer513

Posted June 18, 2009 - 11:34 AM

While the 3 valve intake is advantageous in several ways, it is exceptionally difficult to get to flow big numbers at high velocities. The reason comes down to the air flow around the port dividers, and how the air flow and fuel distribution within the combustion chamber is handled. Actually, in many ways, a single valve intake port is easier to get to perform well than any multi-valve arrangement, but having two rather than 3 simplifies things quite a bit.

Also note that the intake has a nearly straight shot from the throttle body to the cylinder bore with very little downward curve in the port. :worthy:

• gotwings

Posted June 18, 2009 - 02:59 PM

It looks like they have chosen to copy the all-conquering 2002 Cannondale almost to the letter...

I wonder if it will come with Ohlins toooo.....

• Blaster21996

Posted June 18, 2009 - 03:23 PM

The number of valves in the head has absolutely nothing to do with compression ratio, regardless of what you heard.

:worthy: Agreed!

• gtguy

Posted June 18, 2009 - 04:25 PM

all the reps have been tight lipped, theres too many 09's still sittin on the floors

That's too bad...the 09 is one hell of a good motorcycle.

• timmy351

Posted June 19, 2009 - 08:00 AM

on transworld mx js post like updates of what hes doing like twitter and this is what he said js7: "I'm riding the New bike and OMG it is Worth the Wait! I'm not just saying that because I ride blue but it is the best bike I've ever Ridin!" i wonder if thats the 2010 he is talking about?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DEGBTI

Posted June 19, 2009 - 08:32 AM

on transworld mx js post like updates of what hes doing like twitter and this is what he said js7: "I'm riding the New bike and OMG it is Worth the Wait! I'm not just saying that because I ride blue but it is the best bike I've ever Ridin!" i wonder if thats the 2010 he is talking about?

yes, it is the 2010 he's talking about

• Wiz636

Posted June 19, 2009 - 09:38 AM

Washougal/JS7/2010 YZ450...that would be a cool combo!

• grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2009 - 09:49 AM

Washougal/JS7/2010 YZ450...that would be a cool combo!

Especially if he actually rode it.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 19, 2009 - 10:20 AM

Can he ride it? I mean even if it is here do the AMA Pro rules allow a non released 2010 to be entered in a 2009 season race?

Now I can not think of anyone else I would rather have to debut this bike....Marketing at it's finest!

• mxtanner

Posted June 19, 2009 - 10:51 AM

i believe the rule is that he could ride the bike as long as 400 units have been sold in the U.S. but beings the bike is just being released at washougal you will not see the bike being rode until the supercross.. just my guess

• grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2009 - 11:36 AM

I was thinking of an exhibition ride sort of thing. It's doubtful he'd want to mix in with the pack at mid-season like that.

• FinchFan194

Posted June 19, 2009 - 01:47 PM

i believe the rule is that he could ride the bike as long as 400 units have been sold in the U.S. but beings the bike is just being released at washougal you will not see the bike being rode until the supercross.. just my guess

We will see it before that brother, he is bound to have it at the US Open in mid October.

• mxtanner

Posted June 19, 2009 - 02:50 PM

We will see it before that brother, he is bound to have it at the US Open in mid October.

i know we will see it before that, but idk if we will see him race it before they sell so many of them.. that is a rule i believe.

• rickallen124

Posted June 19, 2009 - 03:57 PM

I believe that the rule is that they have to have 400 in the states before someone can race it in a ama series. I believe that that's what Grant did when he rode the '08 in the '07 series. They just have to be here not sold.

• timmy351

Posted June 19, 2009 - 05:12 PM

maybe x games they dont go by ama rules

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.