2010 Yz450f

560 replies to this topic
  • finthat

Posted June 09, 2009 - 06:52 PM

As for the dealer gouging why wouldn't they if they have crates of bikes that are 2 or 3 years old. What better way to make them more attractive then to price the fresh one higher. Would you want to have 10 new 2 year old bikes sitting around for the same price of the new one?? Thats alot of coin tied up. If your so impatient and can't wait a couple months then you will pay. Everything that is "new" and inovative costs and is worth more if it is indeed better. Just remember you'll only get "raped" if you buy the first bike off the truck instead of waiting for a few months until the hype wears off.
I personally, if I had the $$ which I don't, would give it 6 months anyways let some other guy find all the gremlins before I buy there is always something....sometimes small sometimes big. I know a BRP dealership had every 500ss snowmobile (20-25 I think)they sold come back with a blown engine one year because of a "minor" change to the otherwise reliable engine. All warranty jobs but who wants the down time and pain in the ass and the ever popular sentence"I have the new YZ450.....but its in the shop getting updates" ect. ect. Thats my $0.02. But its still nice to have the new shiney one regarless isn't it?? But I do trust Yamaha to put out good stuff.

• finthat

Posted June 09, 2009 - 06:56 PM

Wow the engine is tilted farther back than I thought it would be.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted June 09, 2009 - 07:00 PM

Posted Image

i dont no if thats real or not,

im having a hard time seeing the rear shock?

• djmamayek

Posted June 09, 2009 - 07:31 PM

Kinda explains why they would have held off so long on the EFI thing. Why R&D EFI for the current engine design if you are pouring money and testing into a whole new concept.

Personally I see this as a logical step forward, just as I did when Cannondale did it years ago.

Too bad they didn't also steal the cassette type transmission.

• grayracer513

Posted June 09, 2009 - 07:32 PM

Wow the engine is tilted farther back than I thought it would be.

Photoshop. :thumbsup:

• djmamayek

Posted June 09, 2009 - 07:35 PM

It's obviously a horrible photoshop. I'm sure whoever did it based their guesses on the leaked specs, but notice that the exhaust doesn't curl like it does in the cad drawing, and that the pipe is visibly closer to the camera than is the subframe rail.

bad photo editing at best.

• twenty34

Posted June 09, 2009 - 07:40 PM

okay guys, believe what you want.

c-ya!

• bradmx913

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:19 PM

When Cannondale tried this they had major problems with the rear shock overheating. Maybe that's why the rear shock reservoir is horizontal?
I'm glad one of the major MX brands is tryin something revolutionary! Can't wait to see it! (if it's for real)

• DPW

Posted June 10, 2009 - 04:58 AM

okay guys, believe what you want.

c-ya!

pic....is from Dirt Rider Mag...:thumbsup:

• finthat

Posted June 10, 2009 - 06:00 AM

Kinda explains why they would have held off so long on the EFI thing. Why R&D EFI for the current engine design if you are pouring money and testing into a whole new concept.

Personally I see this as a logical step forward, just as I did when Cannondale did it years ago.

Too bad they didn't also steal the cassette type transmission.

Yeah once I took a closer look us guys are right :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted June 10, 2009 - 06:28 AM

I am having a hard time seeing a image.......going going gone :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted June 10, 2009 - 08:04 AM

I am having a hard time seeing a image.......going going gone :thumbsup:

Rick pulled it after his attempted prank collapsed. Here it is:

There is so much wrong with the picture that it would amaze me if it was actually published. It's way more lame than the one of the WR that was put up earlier.

Posted Image

• Ga426owner

Posted June 10, 2009 - 11:53 AM

Thanks GreyRacer...this must be one them new shockless MX rice rockets ........:thumbsup:

• Wiz636

Posted June 10, 2009 - 11:56 AM

Posted Image

How do you put fuel in it?

• Ga426owner

Posted June 10, 2009 - 11:59 AM

How do you put fuel in it?

Its OBAMA friendly and uses wind power ....no gas :thumbsup:

• finthat

Posted June 10, 2009 - 04:53 PM

Yeah I guess I've learned to look a bit closer. Looks like something my kid did in art class when I really look at it.

• twenty34

Posted June 10, 2009 - 07:38 PM

There is so much wrong with the picture that it would amaze me if it was actually published. It's way more lame than the one of the WR that was put up earlier.

Attempted prank? Please elaborate for me, GR? I'm all ears.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 11, 2009 - 05:36 AM

Attempted prank? Please elaborate for me, GR? I'm all ears.

rickk you causing trouble again ? :thumbsup:

Hey BTW you going for a red 2010 or sticking with the 09?

• yz480doinwork

Posted June 15, 2009 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

this picture cracks me up! but the CAD drawings are definatly convincing. its just a question of how much yamaha changes the disign before we see it at the dealershow this fall. its funny, all this is on the internet but my dad, being a dealer, has heard nothing! i cant wait to see the new bike. def cant wait till someone comes out with a turbo kit for it. EFI would be great! i almost should of waited....
Posted Image

• yz480doinwork

Posted June 15, 2009 - 05:03 PM

here is another great work of photoshop....

Posted Image
it is supposed to be a 1700cc V4 Yamaha with 200 hp. i think they started with a picture of a star motorcycle....

i looked no closer then the "HPI Racing" logo on the tires! (cant really see in this pic). those are tires and rims for a gas powered remote controlled truck!:thumbsup:

here is a pic of those actual tires..:lol:

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.