2010 Yz450f

560 replies to this topic
  • JDLowrance

Posted April 06, 2009 - 02:37 PM

Hey guys,

I just got the inside scoop from an ex Yamaha employee on the 2010 YZ450 and you are going to be surprised!

Remember the Cannondale? Yep....the new YZ will have the cylinder head mounted in reverse! The exhaust pipe will coil up in the space previously occupied by the airbox which is now located under the tank! You have to lift the tank to gain airfilter access.

Sounds very interesting.

Can't wait to see photos!

John

• diegox450

Posted April 06, 2009 - 02:41 PM

www.endureros.com/8/viewtopic.php?p=578299

Yeap... and the frame is bolted to the steering pipe, and the cylinder is rear angled. Also WR's will come that way. Hope it works...

• TIG88

Posted April 06, 2009 - 02:42 PM

Seems a little counterproductive dosen't it?

• diegox450

Posted April 06, 2009 - 02:44 PM

I think they will have the light front end feel of the two strokes... and a lower gravity center.. It's interesting...

• MotoXT

Posted April 06, 2009 - 03:50 PM

www.endureros.com/8/viewtopic.php?p=578299

Yeap... and the frame is bolted to the steering pipe, and the cylinder is rear angled. Also WR's will come that way. Hope it works...

What's a steering pipe? Do you mean the headtube?

• JDLowrance

Posted April 06, 2009 - 03:51 PM

What do you mean counter productive? If it works better than the current design that would make it productive.

Yep, he means head tube.

I was told that the WR's will be the same as in 07 thru 09. Just the YZ gets the new config for 2010. Although it would kinda make sense for Yamaha to include the WR in the new design first year out (not in an economical way but in a kick everyone elses ASS kinda way).

Can't wait to see which way they go.

John

• diegox450

Posted April 06, 2009 - 04:05 PM

What's a steering pipe? Do you mean the headtube?

sorry.. my english is too bad... I mean where the forks attach to the frame... It's that the headtube??? :thumbsup:

BTW It's bolted to the frame. If anybody needs traduction of the spanish URL ask me....

• JDLowrance

Posted April 06, 2009 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, if you could translate that post it would be helpful. My spanish is a lot rusty.

• JDLowrance

Posted April 06, 2009 - 06:01 PM

Testing

• FiremanKay

Posted April 07, 2009 - 03:50 AM

this makes me feel better about getting my 08, now waiting till 2011 makes even more sence. A year to see how this all works out will be good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDLowrance

Posted April 07, 2009 - 05:32 AM

Kay,

You are absolutrely right. Give it a year to let them work the bugs out. Although, having said that Yamaha doesn't typically have first year new model issues like say...well some others we won't mention for fear of starting a firestorm that you (being a fireman and all) might have to put out.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the frame will be a perimiter beam type just like the aformentioned competition.

Can't wait to see details!!

John

• 642MX

Posted April 07, 2009 - 06:30 AM

What do you mean counter productive? If it works better than the current design that would make it productive.

I think he's talking about the air filter access. Removing the gas tank to change an air filter would be a PITA....

• MX926

Posted April 07, 2009 - 08:40 AM

Yamaha puts a lot of time and testing into making new models. I think when this thing comes out it will be ready to go. And it will be quite a shock to the other brands. I can't wait to see this thing.

• diegox450

Posted April 07, 2009 - 08:47 AM

Acording to the URL I've posted, the tank will be under the seat, and doesn't overlap with the airbox, so I think the airbox access will be as good as we now access the fuel cap.

They also say that Yamaha patented this design ever before than Husaberg, and that the objetive of the backwards angled cylinder is to get its mass closer to the gravity center (As Husaberg does with its design)

It says that is very possible that 2010 YZ's and WR's have a new revolutionary electronic rear shock, but doesn't give any further details.

Greetings,
Diego

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 07, 2009 - 09:26 AM

I'll hate to see the sticker price on this baby!

• diegox450

Posted April 07, 2009 - 09:30 AM

Me too... here a '09 WR450F is USD 12.800 .......... :thumbsup: :confused: :excuseme:

• Jake92

Posted April 07, 2009 - 09:39 AM

Long live the 1st and 2nd gen aluminum frame YZ's and F's. (crowd cheers)

• wondermuscle

Posted April 07, 2009 - 12:40 PM

Electric shocks are not new technology. The Herbst have been running Magneto-Rheological Fluid shocks on their TT's for a while. Many major car companies use them as well. I would imagine that Yamaha will use some derivation of this technology. Could be really cool to re-valve your shock with your laptop.

http://www.lord.com/...17/Default.aspx

Let’s hope that the interface to the EFI is more tunable than what is on the market today.

A 2011 WR450 fits perfectly into my 18 month moto purchase cycle. :thumbsup:

• jeffboyd47m

Posted April 07, 2009 - 01:02 PM

I don't believe it!

• Ga426owner

Posted April 07, 2009 - 01:06 PM

looks interesting especially since there is no public info on it yet.....someone please translate
Yamispy in SAmerica gets info before anyone else....now that is a story:smirk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.