wr450 07 oil leak in cylinder head

2 replies to this topic
  • rick0000

Posted April 06, 2009 - 01:54 PM

i have oil coming from between the cylinder head and top of cylinder i have followed instructions in the book and even taken apart again when i restarted it seemed ok and then when i rode bike it started to leak again any ideas should i get a new gasket

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chevy power

Posted April 06, 2009 - 08:10 PM

I have read about some people having issues with the o-rings in between the head and the cylinder. Even if you put the head gasket in right, if the o-rings aren't good I guess you will have a leak.

• rick0000

Posted April 10, 2009 - 12:26 PM

i have now just taken apart my engine once again and cleaned every part reinstalled everything and now when i hit the button i can hear a hissing coming from cylinder head and it wont start any ideas any one this is one of those athena big bore kits any one had any probs also any one got a spare gasket for cylinder head that they would sell me all help greatly appreciated

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.