O-Ring behind filter cover

4 replies to this topic
  • XR/CRDave

Posted February 26, 2003 - 07:23 PM

While changing the oil on my 00 XR650 I lost the small o-ring that goes behind the filter cover. What is this for, also there is small hole that according to the generic owners manual is where the o-ring goes, is there some sort of shaft that protrudes from this hole that the o-ring goes around? I plan to go riding friday to Glamis so any help is appreciated. Next time I will pay more attention to what I am doing and not be in such a hurry.

• RunAnywhere

Posted February 27, 2003 - 12:18 PM

On my L, the filter is directional. That rubber seal is to keep the oil from bypassing the filter. I'd bet yours is the same set up.

Good luck,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR/CRDave

Posted February 27, 2003 - 01:37 PM

I am asking about another o-ring behind the cover, not the one on the filter. Thanks anyway.

• CoreyClough

Posted February 27, 2003 - 02:54 PM

Is it the little one that goes on the back side of the cover plate encircling the cover to seal? What year is the bike?

• dudenstumpy

Posted February 27, 2003 - 08:58 PM

please tell us whether you're refering to an xr650r or an xr650l. I can't recall ( during 20 filterchanges ) seeing
any small O ring on my 00 xr650r.

cheers, Craig

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 1 reply

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.