Got my bike running! Hotcams and 420 kit

6 replies to this topic
  • bluebreadtruck

Posted April 04, 2009 - 06:05 PM

after somehow a cam keeper c clip fell down into my flywheel, and i found some bad scoring on my sleeve, i finally got my 12.5 420 big bore kit and hot cams in.!

First of all, now i see why everyone raves about the auto decomp! LOVE IT...just too easy now!

The setup seemes to give me a bunch more lowend power, and even a bit more top end! I cant be happier!

• Birdy426

Posted April 04, 2009 - 08:51 PM

Glad to hear it...didn't we tell ya? What are you running for a pipe?

• bluebreadtruck

Posted April 05, 2009 - 05:22 AM

thanks, im running a powerbomb headpipe and a fmf t-4 pipe, open airbox lid.

anyone know why my bike stutters while going over small, fast bumps?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flyer05

Posted April 05, 2009 - 02:31 PM

I did the exact thing to my bike. That auto de-compression is great. Thing rips now.

• Birdy426

Posted April 05, 2009 - 06:51 PM

Sounds like either a loose connector somewhere or maybe the float is set too low...

• bluebreadtruck

Posted April 05, 2009 - 08:29 PM

thanks, for sure it feels carb related... ill check my float height

• Birdy426

Posted April 05, 2009 - 09:28 PM

If it feels carb related, you might also check that the plate ont he front of the slide isn't starting to crack...the 400s with the first gen FCRs have a tendency to do that. Might also try disconnecting the throttle position sensor. It sounds as if it's vibration related...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.