'09 YZ450F...First Day...Damn...

7 replies to this topic
  • sro2004

Posted April 04, 2009 - 03:19 AM

I've ridden two dirt bikes (for about a half hour each) over the past 12 years...so I've been WAY away from the sport. Took delivery of my new YZ450F yesterday morning...and man...what a bike. After a couple hours of tweaking and tooling around, I opened her up. Sweat smooth power that just keeps coming on. I though I'd be a little intimidated by it...but nope. It's got better manners than the Queen of England! Totally rideable...even after 12 years of no dirtin'. Can't wait to get it to the MX track...

• ccie2be

Posted April 04, 2009 - 06:20 AM

Welcome to the boards!!
Awesome to hear and congrats on the new scooter.

So, what part of Fl do you live in?

• wellsy1

Posted April 04, 2009 - 06:21 AM

I too thought that I would be a little intimidated when I got my 06 YZ450F, but she was easy to ride. But be carefull they can still bite you in the a$$. A six inch titanium plate and screws on my left forearm, made me realize this baby's got balls.

• WILLIAMS37

Posted April 04, 2009 - 06:53 AM

I agree, the power is so smooth I would almost let my friends ride my baby... ALMOST.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • finthat

Posted April 04, 2009 - 01:17 PM

I bought an 03 yz450f in December and am just rebuilding it. Coming off a CR500 which I sold in the fall and was unsure what to expect from the 450. Posts like this make me happy. :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted April 04, 2009 - 02:53 PM

I bought an 03 yz450f in December and am just rebuilding it. Coming off a CR500 which I sold in the fall and was unsure what to expect from the 450. Posts like this make me happy. :thumbsup:

The '03 is a lot like a CR500 in many ways, but it's still a 4-stroke, and there really is no comparison. Much easier to ride and manage.

• finthat

Posted April 04, 2009 - 03:42 PM

The '03 is a lot like a CR500 in many ways, but it's still a 4-stroke, and there really is no comparison. Much easier to ride and manage.

I loved the 500 but it was too unpredictable, you never knew what was going to happen when you cracked the throttle. Will it hook and fly or spin and snake down the track. I am hoping the 450 has alot smoother predictable (usable) power band that doesn't burn you out in 2 laps. Easier to ride sounds good. :thumbsup:

• Feros

Posted April 04, 2009 - 04:32 PM

Congrates, Welcome back to the dirt, mud, sand and A WHOLE LOTTA" FUN!!!

I got back into dirt riding a bit over a year ago. I love my 0 YZ 450!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.