How to do a wheelie on a xr650r?

5 replies to this topic
  • scorch

Posted February 26, 2003 - 09:33 AM

Is it as easy as a cr500?
How much Hp does this bike have? is 45 uncorked realistic. Seems awfully low.

I think ktm dukes put down 50-55rwhp

• loufish

Posted February 26, 2003 - 04:12 PM

As easy as a CR500?....No, the CR is wheelie factory! The BRP weighs much more, so it takes a little more in the higher gears. Scoot back on the seat, crack the throttle, and maybe a tug on the bars. You won't get the throttle responce from a "smogged" XR, you need to set it free...49 state it.

• 57MPH

Posted February 28, 2003 - 04:53 PM

if ya wanta welie get a 400 :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted March 05, 2003 - 01:54 PM

Nuthin wheelies like a 5hundy.....nuthin at all. :)

• smashinz2002

Posted March 05, 2003 - 07:32 PM

Uncorked the XR650R puts out anywhere from 54-56bhp at the crank, I don't know what it puts down at the wheel though. Yeah that's kinda low compared to a late model CR500. But it's still quite good really and converts to a power to weight ratio of around 1:5, which is better than a Dodge Viper at 1:5.6 or so. Of course the CR500 is 1:3.3, which is brutal. Most people are quite happy with the power of an uncorked XR650R, which I think is comparable in acceleration to a YZ426. The XR has a higher top speed though, but not my much. Doing a wheely on the XR650R requires it to be uncorked, and then simply wick it open and have fun. Since the weight is high, and the wheelbase is long, it won't wheely as easily as you might think. 3rd gear wheelies are easy, but 4th gear requires a lot of effort in my opinion. I still prefer my '99 CR500 for just going out and having fun with the power, can't be beat.

• Rokatt88

Posted March 06, 2003 - 06:21 AM

Yeah, when I hop back on my CR 5 Oh Oh it feels like a tinker toy with a stick o'dynamite between my legs compared to my XR. Hmmmm, do I really want to sell it? :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.