New guy checking in with wheel question

5 replies to this topic
  • jriorda1

Posted April 03, 2009 - 07:23 PM

hey guys, I have been a long time reader but this is my first post. I upgraded to a new WR this month and I am getting it dialed. I have done suspension and power mods, and now I am on to the cosmetics.

What is the cheapest way to get black wheels. New replacements or break the stockers down and get the anodized or powdercoated?

I know its silly to spend money simply to change wheels but I really like the way it looks and have always wanted them

• JSanfilippo

Posted April 03, 2009 - 09:13 PM

I'd say powdercoat is the cheapest way.

• wondermuscle

Posted April 06, 2009 - 09:34 AM

Should only be about $30 per wheel unless you have a hook up....

Where are you located?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jriorda1

Posted April 07, 2009 - 08:15 AM

New Mexico. Do I have to break the wheels down first? And would anodizing be a better option?

• nmchunker20

Posted April 07, 2009 - 11:46 AM

Albuquerque Manufacturing... also know as Quality Powder Coating. You can also try Southwest Coatings.

• Alternative

Posted April 08, 2009 - 12:12 AM

Powdercoat won't last long on dirt rims, my road rims are powdercoated and even they have stone chips on the edges. Anodising is a much better option, it's a process which basically dyes the oxide coating on the aluminium so it's a lot more resilient and won't flake off powdercoat can.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.