Where to buy OEM shim pads

4 replies to this topic
  • jaybird67k

Posted April 03, 2009 - 04:45 PM

Where is the best (fastest) online store to get OEM valve shim pads & timing chain for '06 450?

Also, does anyone have the thread dimensions for the flywheel puller such as internal or external thread, O.D. and pitch.
I want to go through my pullers and see if I might have one that will fit before I purchase a new one.

Thanks, Jason

• gbalias

Posted April 03, 2009 - 04:58 PM

ive had real fast response with Chaparral OEM parts.

TT has the best prices i think but they take a lil while last time i ordered OEM stuff.

so choose, speed vs. cost.

local dealer wont swap em out with you for free????? where in TX?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jaybird67k

Posted April 03, 2009 - 05:55 PM

local dealer wont swap em out with you for free????? where in TX?

I doubt my local dealer even has any pads in house. I'm from the Orange, TX area.

Thanks, Jason

• mxdude1986

Posted April 03, 2009 - 06:58 PM

TT has the best price but be ready to wait i ordered some stuff last friday 3/27 and they still havent shipped anything out last time ill buy from them!

• Bryan Bosch

Posted April 04, 2009 - 01:18 PM

TT has the best price but be ready to wait i ordered some stuff last friday 3/27 and they still havent shipped anything out last time ill buy from them!

You placed your order 3/28/2009 7:21AM and it was processed the same day. For the items you ordered, the page clearly listed "usually ships in 3-10 business days". So, friday was the 4th business day and monday the 5th.

Here's one of your parts as listed online:
http://shop.thumpert...=93210-07135-00

Why 3-10 day range? We list approx. 8 million OEM parts and I'm sure most understand that we don't stock all of them. So, anything we don't have in stock gets orderd in from our OEM suppliers (and we have a pretty good stock too). If the part is coming from a supplier back east 1-2 for them to process it + shipping time to our shop.

Each order is competely unique, so one will ship in few days while some might take the 8, 9, 10 days. It just depends upon what is being ordered. We'll happily check stock in advance if you have a timeline we need to meet and we'll absolutely tell you if we can't help you.

Bottom-line, we're still well within the timeline we listed online and while we're happy to have your business, if you don't agree with the terms we list, don't click the order button. We do our best to manage expectations, but it's unfair to get upset when the time-line for shipping is listed before you checkout.

If you have any further questions, give us a call on Monday at 1.866.6.SHOP.TT or email us at shop@thumpertalk.com.

Again, we appreciate the business, but I just don't see what we could have done differently to avoid this. We'll never stock a dozen deep on over 8 million parts, so depending on the order, we have to order OEM parts in from wholesale suppliers.

Bryan

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.