TM designs chain slider

6 replies to this topic
  • Jim813

Posted April 02, 2009 - 09:41 PM

I have searched threads and didn't find the exact anzwer I was looking for. I have two issues that I need to solve on my 08 yz450f. The first issue is chain slapping. My chain slaps voilently when I ride a gear high and lug the bike. I know I could just shift down but I don't like revving the bike when I don't have to when I am out trail riding. My chain is tensioned properly( using a regina ZR z-ring chain) and I am using the stock slider. My other problem like everyone else has is the stock slider rubbing into the swingarm. I know of the examples on how to fix this but am asking if using the TM designs chain slider will solve both my problems?

• gjones

Posted April 03, 2009 - 04:51 AM

The TM design chain slider will solve the rubbing on the swing arm issue as it has a rubber pad on the underside of the slider. As far as the chain slapping that is just the nature of a four stroke. Mine does the very same thing. I notice it more when the chain is overly loose but it will still do it when the chain is properly tensioned.
As far as wear and tear I would highly recommend the TM slider!

• grayracer513

Posted April 03, 2009 - 08:20 AM

The TM designs slider WILL wear much better than OEM, and will address the problem of swing arm abrasion, it won't do a thing for the chain slap, and it costs 3 times what the stock one does.

I solved the problem of abrasion very simply and inexpensively this way:

http://members.cox.n...r/wearplate.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim813

Posted April 03, 2009 - 07:12 PM

I was debating on buying the slider or fixing the issue such as you (Grayracer) went about it. If the TM designs slider wont do anything for chain slap I will most likely use Grayracer's method.
Thanks

• 02WR426Cali

Posted April 03, 2009 - 07:27 PM

I have a TM designs slider. While it is stronger and supposedly "indestructable" (haha yeah right), it is actually much louder than my stock slider was. It makes an annoying slapping sound that makes it sound like something is about to break and fly off my bike. But they look great and are much more durable than stock (stock without the plate mod) so I think I can deal with the noise. Had I seen the plate mod before now, I would have gone that rout

• Jim813

Posted April 03, 2009 - 07:52 PM

thanks for the info!

• grayracer513

Posted April 03, 2009 - 09:13 PM

it is actually much louder than my stock slider was. It makes an annoying slapping sound that makes it sound like something is about to break and fly off my bike.

You should have heard one of the original design ones, before the rubber pad went on the bottom. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.