New WR450F

9 replies to this topic
  • JDLowrance

Posted April 02, 2009 - 06:34 PM

Ok, it's getting about that time for me to start searching for a new bike. I want the WR for all of the obvious reasons including reliability (plus I have a truck load of aftermarket goodies from my 08 YZ450 which I've converted to supermoto).

I want to know where the best deals are. I live in So Cal and would like to buy locally (relatively) but am not opposed to going out of state (Oregon, Nevada, Arizona).

Can anyone help with finding a good deal on this bike. I'll take an 08 or 09. Doesn't matter as the only difference is BNGs.

Thanks in advance, John

• cactusone

Posted April 03, 2009 - 12:34 AM

These guys have a 2008 WR450f for $5300 and a '08 yz450 for $4700!

http://www.chaparraledealership.com

• PARKER520

Posted April 03, 2009 - 03:40 PM

Ok, it's getting about that time for me to start searching for a new bike. I want the WR for all of the obvious reasons including reliability (plus I have a truck load of aftermarket goodies from my 08 YZ450 which I've converted to supermoto).

I want to know where the best deals are. I live in So Cal and would like to buy locally (relatively) but am not opposed to going out of state (Oregon, Nevada, Arizona).

Can anyone help with finding a good deal on this bike. I'll take an 08 or 09. Doesn't matter as the only difference is BNGs.

Thanks in advance, John

LA Yamaha without a doubt! The price on the bike is the price you pay out the door. No surprises when your signing paperwork.

• JWW

Posted April 03, 2009 - 11:04 PM

Except for a few decent counter guys at Chaparral the rest are a bunch of idiots. I bought two bikes cash and they jerked me around both times.

I drove out to LA Yamaha last month and picked up an 08 WR450. I started the paperwork over the phone while driving down and it was almost ready to roll when I got there. I spent more time in the store chasing my 2 year old daughter than I did actually processing the bike. They are good people with no bs pricing. They also gave me a discount on the parts purchased while I was there. Dont forget your YZ throttle screw, GYTR tip, hour meter and fuel screw.

• JWW

Posted April 03, 2009 - 11:09 PM

A little more.........

I paid 5999 otd at LA Yamaha which was the listed net price at the time. It seems they have gone up a few bucks.

Another good dealer is John Burr in Fontana. Unfortunately they didnt have an 08's.

Also on Chaparral- Im glad it didnt work because the drive to LA was worth it but I did call Chaparral looking for the 08 WR and was told they dont have any and werent expecting any.

One more- Dont even get into the conversation with Berts. You will end up with promises from the internet sales girl and then get a call from her boss who seems too not know a damn thing about the bike he is trying to sell. This will lead up to being told that even though you were promised a certain price that they cant do it. Then he will promptly offer you a crappy deal on an 09.

Sorry- Just had to vent a little. Dealing with bad dealers gets on my nerves.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TapptOut

Posted April 04, 2009 - 04:50 PM

Try Simi Valley Cycles
805 522-3434

• JDLowrance

Posted April 04, 2009 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for all of the tips guys. I appreciate it.

John

• David_L6

Posted April 05, 2009 - 07:50 AM

Anyone know of a good dealer to work with in north Louisiana, northwest Mississippi, northeast Texas, or southern Arkansas?

• YamaLink

Posted April 05, 2009 - 03:17 PM

Not to hijack your thread, but is that your KTM Super Duke?! Nice!

• JDLowrance

Posted April 06, 2009 - 05:38 AM

Yes, that is my SD. nice bike....requires a little work out of the box but once sorted there's not much that can stay with it down a medium to tight twisty road.

John

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.