HELP metal and water don't mix?

No replies to this topic
  • ronco

Posted August 19, 2002 - 03:43 AM

the past few weeks I put new stuff on the bike for 90+ mile turkey run, tires/chain-sprokets/barbusters/headlight-taillight/street plate!/maitenance ect then looking at the bike thinking everything is done, I opened the radiator cap and saw metal bits when turned the cap over on the rubber seal also some black specs floating the water looked bright green and clean.
The bike runs great, does not over heat, overflow is ok. The radiarors have taken some hits before but never leaked, the aluminum braces work well, could pieces be loose inside from small crashes. I will take the cover off the water pump tonight and hope I don't see damage on the impellar, like fins hitting the cover scraping and breaking @#$%@!? hope I can get new parts fast enough if I need them, did any one else have this happen, the bike is a 99WR400, I will check search also, thanks for :) any help and advice.
expected to find broken fins or scraped pump cover but could not find anything wrong in water pump so I flush system, refill coolant and test ride and hope they were stray fragments that will never return?

[ August 20, 2002, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: ronco ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.