Anybody not using their JD "red" for 450?

3 replies to this topic
  • sledhead999

Posted April 02, 2009 - 07:00 AM

Is anybody not using their "red" JD needle and willing to part with it? I bought a 07 WR450, and it already has the "blue" needle installed. For my elevation (4500) looks like the red is the way to go. I hate to buy a new kit for just the one.

Also according to the jetting sticky blue #3 and red #5 are the same. Is this the same needle just notched in different places? Can I adjust my blue to match the desired red location?

• c9buff

Posted April 02, 2009 - 05:14 PM

I'm at 1200 msl. I run the blue now but when it gets hot and humid we can run 4000 density altitudes. I have to use the red needle when those conditions occur. I bring that up because I would assume that most guys here in the east have to run the two needles.

buff

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desracer

Posted April 02, 2009 - 05:54 PM

I think I have the red one in my shop. Will look for it this weekend. You can pm me to make sure I dont forget or tell me if you found another.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted April 02, 2009 - 08:58 PM

Is anybody not using their "red" JD needle and willing to part with it? I bought a 07 WR450, and it already has the "blue" needle installed. For my elevation (4500) looks like the red is the way to go. I hate to buy a new kit for just the one.

Also according to the jetting sticky blue #3 and red #5 are the same. Is this the same needle just notched in different places? Can I adjust my blue to match the desired red location?

Just move the clip on the needle you got. My wr450 just runs and runs. It starts up everytime and just runs. I think I forgot where the needle was last set. I start out in the high desert at 3000 feet and next week, I'll be in the mountains at 8500 feet and the bike just runs and runs.

the wr is quite forgiving in this regard. I picked the best needle and clip for where I ride the most and I haven't touched it in a couple of years.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.