michelin tyre sizes for wr450

1 reply to this topic
  • mxsam34

Posted April 02, 2009 - 05:00 AM

hi guys

im picking up an 09 wr450 on the weekend and i am in need of some advice, ive never owned a wr before only every every yz450/250f made in the last 6 years, and i ran MS3's for the last few years and love them

the stock front on the wr is a 90/90, can i run the MS3 80/100? what effect will this have on the bike?

the stock rear is 130/90/18, MS3 only comes in 19 so going to have to run an S12 on the rear, will the 120/100(marked 140/80) work well?

thanks for all ya help...........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • reagangray

Posted April 02, 2009 - 07:29 AM

the 140/80 s12 rear will work perfectly. You will be pleased. Thats the tire I try to always run and love it. It is superbly grippy when new and stays very good when it looks like it should be replaced. And I run mine untill the bitter end. I have always been very satisfied with S12 tires.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.