07 YZ450 engine case

3 replies to this topic
  • Gerry B

Posted April 01, 2009 - 09:30 PM

I broke the stator side engine case on my 07 yZ450 and had to buy a whole new engine case set because Yamaha doesn't sell just one case side alone. Now I have the clutch side engine case brand new sitting there. I paid almost 700 bucks for the set. What should ask for the one side?

• 426 NOOB

Posted April 02, 2009 - 08:57 AM

I broke the stator side engine case on my 07 yZ450 and had to buy a whole new engine case set because Yamaha doesn't sell just one case side alone. Now I have the clutch side engine case brand new sitting there. I paid almost 700 bucks for the set. What should ask for the one side?

$300-350. that would be my guess.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 02, 2009 - 09:06 AM

A single case half is essentially useless. Yamaha does not sell them singly because the bores that all the shafts run in are "line bored" with the cases assembled as a pair, so that each side is precisely square with the other. Re-establishing this condition on mismatched cases would involve building up the shaft bores and reboring them all; a far too expensive and time consuming process to warrant the work.

• tcuda499

Posted April 02, 2009 - 05:49 PM

Was that question a test? I figuered that if they sell them as a set, they must be matched together for precison.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.